User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Wed 06-Apr-11 21:15:12
Print Post

Re: Tech Services

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

Not necessarily! I deal ongoingly with all my daughter's Utilities and BB from a different location w/out her presence. We just needed to arrange some security Qs for ID.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 19 Meg Tweaked / 16 Meg Untweaked LLU BB
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 07-Apr-11 17:32:43
Print Post

[re: paul1360] [link to this post]

What old netgear router? Some models may not enjoy the TalkTalk LLU kit.

One presumes the TalKTalk supplied hardware is working?
On AOL - how did that enter the conversation, an old thing for a support person to blurt out with no prompting.

Also no firm is going to over the phone agree to refunding all DD paid to them, and the DD guarantee is the course to take if TalkTalk has been doing things wrong in that regard.

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Deadbeat
(knowledge is power) Fri 22-Apr-11 23:23:51
Print Post

[re: Kaoshan] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Kaoshan:
Join the TT Forums.....

I suspect that this may be an AOL user who has been ported to TT during the takeover. If that is the case, the OP will be unable to join that forum.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Deadbeat
(knowledge is power) Fri 22-Apr-11 23:28:09
Print Post

[re: Kaoshan] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Kaoshan:
...... Any form of tech support is obliged by the Data Protection Act to deal with the registered account holder.

Whoever has told you this is fobbing you off. I dealt with both Opal and BT only yesterday on behalf of the account holders without any problems whatsoever after supplying minimal information.
Standard User paul1360
(member) Sat 23-Apr-11 09:17:23
Print Post

[re: Deadbeat] [link to this post]

Sorry for delay,My son never had AOL BB and not even sure that they are at the exchange, In the end we got the router to work, still got no joy TT Tech Services as they still say he'e with AOL. He's moving shortly.

iechyd da

BT Infinity
37.50Mb
8.20Mb
Moderator billford
(moderator) Sat 23-Apr-11 10:05:28
Print Post

In reply to a post by paul1360:
Sorry for delay,My son never had AOL BB and not even sure that they are at the exchange, In the end we got the router to work, still got no joy TT Tech Services as they still say he'e with AOL. He's moving shortly.
Talktalk's desire to stay within the terms of the DPA has been brought up before in this thread... you could point out to them that failing to keep accurate records when an error is pointed out is also an offence under that act.

Sauce for the goose etc tongue

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

[email protected] _______________Planes and Cars and ..._______________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User paul1360
(member) Mon 25-Apr-11 19:28:32
Print Post

[re: billford] [link to this post]

I just don't understand them being like they are, He's got BB and phone with TT so pass on how they can say that he's with AOL is beyond me. Have got him to change his ISP and phone so it's TT who has lost out. He's going to send a letter 2mor asking for a refund as he's with AOL and a copy of the email's ect, he not get anywhere with it but what the H.ll.

iechyd da

BT Infinity
37.50Mb
8.20Mb
ISP Representative TALKTALK_SUPPORT
(isp) Thu 28-Apr-11 11:49:21
Print Post

It would definitely be worth going to www.talktalkmembers.com for help.

Cheers

Ady

TalkTalk, Online Community
www.talktalkmembers.co.uk/forums
"The information contained within these posts is provided by TalkTalk
to assist in the resolution of any queries our customers may have. Should you
have a specific request for information please do not hesitate to contact me."
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User paul1360
(member) Thu 28-Apr-11 11:55:59
Print Post

[re: TALKTALK_SUPPORT] [link to this post]

No need now he's got his MAC and is off

iechyd da

BT Infinity 37.50Mb/s 8.50Mb/s
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Thu 28-Apr-11 12:08:49
Print Post

[re: TALKTALK_SUPPORT] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by TALKTALK_SUPPORT:
It would definitely be worth going to www.talktalkmembers.com for help.
But if he is believed to be with AOL by your staff, then your Member Services is inaccessible to him. You can't have your cake & eat it!

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 19 Meg Tweaked / 16 Meg Untweaked LLU BB
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to