User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Futaura
(committed) Thu 21-Jun-12 22:49:06
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk CUstomer Service

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

In my experience, on the rare occasions when broadband has gone down on TT LLU, usually the phone line dies too.
Standard User Deadbeat
(knowledge is power) Thu 21-Jun-12 22:51:21
Print Post

In reply to a post by zyborg47:
A mate of mine had over 3 months of hassle with his broadband and phone, because BTOR engineers could not be bothered to do proper checks, He must have had about 10 engineers there over the 3 or so month. Only the last one went up the pole to check things out, in the end he changed over to a different pair at the exchange and all is ok, well most of the time.

Bt network is ageing and and getting worse as the years go by.

Most of the BT engineers that I know are very concienincious and do a very good job, sometimes under heavy pressure and with little and poor information to hand. Intermittent and some other faults can be very difficult to resolve -Sod's law states that an intermittent fault won't be present when an engineer attends and you can't fix a fault that isn't there.
Fault resolution is not as easy as some seem to think it is.

Having said all that, I know one guy who damages the reputation of the good guys every time he gets out of bed on a workday morning but please don't tar them all with the same brush.

Edited by Deadbeat (Thu 21-Jun-12 22:52:15)

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 22-Jun-12 07:14:02
Print Post

[re: Deadbeat] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Deadbeat:
In reply to a post by zyborg47:
A mate of mine had over 3 months of hassle with his broadband and phone, because BTOR engineers could not be bothered to do proper checks, He must have had about 10 engineers there over the 3 or so month. Only the last one went up the pole to check things out, in the end he changed over to a different pair at the exchange and all is ok, well most of the time.

Bt network is ageing and and getting worse as the years go by.

Most of the BT engineers that I know are very concienincious and do a very good job, sometimes under heavy pressure and with little and poor information to hand. Intermittent and some other faults can be very difficult to resolve -Sod's law states that an intermittent fault won't be present when an engineer attends and you can't fix a fault that isn't there.
Fault resolution is not as easy as some seem to think it is.

Having said all that, I know one guy who damages the reputation of the good guys every time he gets out of bed on a workday morning but please don't tar them all with the same brush.

no doubt there are some good ones, like the one who found the fault at my mates place, and yes I know that they got a time limit, so that don't make it easy.

but some of them still seem like they got the can't be bothered way. another mate of mine had a damaged line, the engineer who fixed it, put it in a round black connector, but instead of tucking it under the gutter, he left it in the gutter, so it got waterlogged. the next call out a different engineer took it apart, put a new connector on it and tacked it under the guttering. Much better job.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 7 pro 64bit , laptop by ubuntu

On ADSL24 using C&W network.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User professor973
(learned) Fri 22-Jun-12 08:08:04
Print Post

[re: Futaura] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Futaura:
In my experience, on the rare occasions when broadband has gone down on TT LLU, usually the phone line dies too.

Sometimes, but then calling a helpline is still a long way from forcing everyone to fork out and master an iDiotphone to get support.

Zen Business Talk - Freeola Family Perfect!
(learned) Fri 22-Jun-12 08:15:45
Print Post

There is too much of email and www being the only way to contact companies. It is the only way to get onto and keep up with what is available on our local council housing list.
It is of no use whatsoever to the blind and confused, but it keeps many customers with problems out of their hair, which I suspect along with cutting costs is their main objective. They seem blind themselves to the fact that it also keeps many more prospective customers out of their hair. Up to a standard has gone out of the window for many these days and been replaced with down to a price Not for me I am afraid.

(learned) Fri 22-Jun-12 08:22:03
Print Post

[re: Deadbeat] [link to this post]

And some make stupid schoolboy shortcuts, like the one that put my droplead through a mortice and tennon joint in the corner of my back door frame. When the door was replaced yesterday the lead was guillotined when the frame was levered out. I tried to preempt this, but was faced with total ignorance with a B.T. system that did not want to know.. Now waiting for a nice new shiny droplead :}

Standard User TrishaH
(member) Fri 22-Jun-12 14:38:58
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

I hate when you want to contact a company and they either have a premium rate phone number or one of those lengthy forms to fill in on their site (deliberately offputting).

I like a proper email address or a proper landline number! ....preferably UK based.

I had no idea what a bad connection I had with TalkTalk once it took over Pipex, but if I did have a problem the call centre was positively painful most of the time.
My main reason for migrating to another ISP last year was for a UK based call centre - bonus was that thanks to them I also have a far better connection too!
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Fri 22-Jun-12 19:26:35
Print Post

[re: TrishaH] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by TrishaH:
I like a proper email address or a proper landline number! ....preferably UK based.

It's good TalkTalk have a geographic number for customer support, when a landline goes dead on Sky their customers have to clock up a tasty bill ringing 0844 on a mobile.

Oliver.
ISP Representative TALKTALK_SUPPORT
(isp) Mon 25-Jun-12 14:59:23
Print Post

[re: scottie4642] [link to this post]

Hi All,

If any customers have a support request please contact us directly via the TalkTalk Members Forum

Alternatively you can also tweet us @TalkTalkCare

Regards

Mark
TalkTalk Online Community Department

TalkTalk, Online Community
www.talktalkmembers.co.uk/forums
"The information contained within these posts is provided by TalkTalk
to assist in the resolution of any queries our customers may have. Should you
have a specific request for information please do not hesitate to contact me."
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to