Technical Discussion
  >> Technical Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Ancient_Mariner
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 12-Sep-20 18:11:13
Print Post

Blue Rope

[link to this post]

Previously I have posted about moving an NTE in our village hall and getting broadband.

When the Kelly Engineer came to do the Lift & Shift (thanks Zarjaz) he would not climb the pole due to the D notice on it. He did the internals and external and left a coil of dropwire for an engineer with a cherry picker to finish off.

Noticed earlier this week that the pole had been replaced, it was the rather nice smell of wood preservative that brought it to my attention!

Anyway noticed that the junction box on top of the pole was also new and also noticed that a piece of blue rope was coming out of the ground and attached to the pole.

Is a blue rope a precursor for FTTP? I cannot think of any other reason for it to be there and it certainly was not there when the old pole was in situ.

This pole only serves about half a dozen house and the village hall and it is not on the main road but on a private drive - likely owned by the village hall, so cannot serve any more properties.

Cheers!

Clive

Andrews & Arnold Home::1 FTTC DrayTek Vigor 2762ac Cisco SPA112 and HUAWEI E5776 with O2 Data SIM
Standard User partial
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 12-Sep-20 18:34:20
Print Post

Re: Blue Rope

[re: Ancient_Mariner] [link to this post]

It just means they put some rope in the duct when they put the new block and tail up.

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 12-Sep-20 18:49:08
Print Post

[re: partial] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by partial:
It just means they put some rope in the duct when they put the new block and tail up.

+1

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Ancient_Mariner
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 12-Sep-20 21:26:17
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

I should have added that the blue rope came out of the ground about 120 degrees from where the shroud(?) over the multi-pair phone cable came out of the ground/duct and behind the steel capping up the lower part of the pole.

I can understand the benefit of having a rope already through a duct, ready for the next pull through. But only if it will be there when you need it.

(At sea as an A-M, polyprop halyards for flags and aerials did not have a long life due UV)

Cheers!

Clive

Andrews & Arnold Home::1 FTTC DrayTek Vigor 2762ac Cisco SPA112 and HUAWEI E5776 with O2 Data SIM
  Print Thread

Jump to