Technical Discussion
  >> Technical Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User kitcat
(experienced) Sun 06-Dec-20 15:26:06
Print Post

Re: ADSL Loop Extender / ADSL DSLAM in All in One Cab?

[re: GonePostal] [link to this post]

GonePostal

If the mobile signal from Cadwell Park is out of reach, so the fixed line would also be out of reach so a new aerial would be needed and cost for two houses would be quite a bit so may not be cost effective. The Wolds are full of isolated houses scattered over a lumpy terrain.
Standard User GonePostal
(committed) Sun 06-Dec-20 17:11:38
Print Post

[re: kitcat] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by kitcat:
GonePostal

If the mobile signal from Cadwell Park is out of reach, so the fixed line would also be out of reach so a new aerial would be needed and cost for two houses would be quite a bit so may not be cost effective. The Wolds are full of isolated houses scattered over a lumpy terrain.

My understanding of that sort of technology is that it is often not wired or a mobile signal per se, rather wide-scale WiFi using a totally separate distribution system. There is an availability checker on the Quickline website so you haven't a lot to lose by plugging in your postcode.
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 06-Dec-20 19:36:26
Print Post

[re: camieabz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by camieabz:
I've been reading this thread with some interest.

I had a quick search through the thread, and didn't spot a mention of it, so will throw up a Hail Mary. Is line bonding an option? If so, it could give you 5 Meg or more. Failing that, I'd look to satellite BB, if an option. I guess there are good reasons other haven't suggested these, but you never know. smile

Before I read the OP’s reply, and judging by other replies, I’m going to guess it’s a no from them.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to