General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User jmn999
(newbie) Sat 15-Feb-20 20:06:07
Print Post

John Lewis Broadband

[link to this post]

Due to go live 4/2. JL inputted the wrong address with the result that my landline was transferred to another property in the road.
Openreach will not be able to rectify the mistake until 25/2.
So I will have no landline or broadband until then. Unfortunately I live in an area with poor mobile signal so have to leave the house to make calls or use data.
JL are not members of the Ofcom compensation scheme.
JL admit fault and agree to pay compensation.
Any suggestions as to what would be a reasonable figure?
I think that someone here took Plusnet to court last year and was awarded several hundred pounds.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 15-Feb-20 21:34:35
Print Post

Re: John Lewis Broadband

[re: jmn999] [link to this post]

This might seem like a very odd question, but do you have a business? It's just that there is another person waiting to have his line restored on that date as well.

Are you aware that John Lewis broadband is actually supplied by Plusnet?

Plusnet have for some reason taken over this other person's line, so he has lost his own line and has no broadband. Though he is now getting a decent mobile broadband signal.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
"Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people." Oscar Wilde
Standard User jmn999
(newbie) Sat 15-Feb-20 23:14:23
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Hi
No, I do not have a business.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User bounderboy
(learned) Sun 16-Feb-20 20:20:26
Print Post

Hey.. something similar happened to me too - and funny enough my date is 25th too... have you read the thread - quite a lot of information in there... make sure you raise a formal complain with both companies so they have to resolve properly for you..

Though my advice is probably more apt to the person on your street that got cut off...!! that is what happened to me!

https://forums.thinkbroadband.com/unhappiness/f/4636...

Edited by bounderboy (Sun 16-Feb-20 20:22:10)

Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Thu 20-Feb-20 14:44:11
Print Post

Some figures of compensation - automatic - for various issues will give you an idea:-

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-interne...

Now able to get ADSL2+ Broadband
Standard User jmn999
(newbie) Wed 26-Feb-20 19:29:13
Print Post

[re: bounderboy] [link to this post]

And the John Lewis offer was.. £22.50. When I spoke with their representative I made what I thought was a very reasonable offer of the remission of 3 months charges or £93. Their confirmation just referred to 3 months charges for broadband only.
  Print Thread

Jump to