User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User R0NSKI
(knowledge is power) Mon 02-Sep-19 10:25:16
Print Post

Free oomph speed upgrade for existing customers.

[link to this post]

VM do an bundle offer where you get a free speed upgrade if you add a mobile Sim, does anybody know if this applies to existing customers?

Tried googling and looking on Virgins website, but the information is impossible to find, it's hard enough to find the oomph bundle page.

Please note I'm not referring to the ultimate oomph bundle.

You need to navigate to theirs page https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/bundles and persuade it that your a new customer, then you can build a bundle and get the free speed upgrade, what I need to know is can existing customers get the free speed upgrade.

Standard User Philce
(experienced) Mon 02-Sep-19 14:07:32
Print Post

Re: Free oomph speed upgrade for existing customers.

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

I just re-contracted going from VIP to the Ultimate Oomph with included SIM.

My area cant get the 500Mb broadband yet so we only have 350, because of this I got the same price as new customers for another 12 Months (same as I was paying before).

Operator told me to call once 500Mb is available to get upgraded to 500 for free, if its not done automatically.

Im happy with that.
Standard User R0NSKI
(knowledge is power) Mon 02-Sep-19 15:36:27
Print Post

[re: Philce] [link to this post]

Thanks for the reply, I'm not interested in the ultimate oomph package, its far too expensive, we don't need the phone or the TV packages - we have Freesat, Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Dealing with VM support is almost impossible, they don't seem to have a clue but I need call them tonight unfortunately.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Philce
(experienced) Mon 02-Sep-19 15:44:55
Print Post

Ok Fair enough, you might get an upgrade if you re-contract?

However I agree with the random answers from their agents!
Standard User R0NSKI
(knowledge is power) Mon 02-Sep-19 15:54:21
Print Post

[re: Philce] [link to this post]

I recontracted in late April early May, then almost 30 days ago, only 3 months after agreeing a price I get notification of an increase of over two times inflation.

So I tried to sort out another deal along with taking a new Sim to get a free speed upgrade (down grade to M200, free upgrade back to m350), but the agent was absolutely clueless.

I'll see what I can sort out tonight, and I don't mind recontracting for another 12 months, but I do have fault which is proving rather difficult to get resolved.

Edited by R0NSKI (Mon 02-Sep-19 15:55:46)

Standard User Philce
(experienced) Mon 02-Sep-19 16:45:21
Print Post

It took me 3 attempts, eventually I got a really helpful agent who was in Scotland.

The First couldn't even apply the package to my account (apparently they have to remove the current package and re apply the new one for it to work).

A word of warning, it took me nearly an hour to get through to Virgin Mobile customer services, I needed to call them because a password was set on the account that I wasn't told about!

Good luck!
Standard User mking90031
(regular) Mon 02-Sep-19 18:47:17
Print Post

Hi,

I have been a VM customer for several years & just upgraded to their Big OOMPH package due to wanting all in one billing including mobile phone & Netflix. I now pay £99 per month. I was with 3 for my mobile on an AYCE data, minutes & texts package. With VM I got the same package (unlimited data, texts & minutes) and Sky Cinema and Sports (although I'm not remotely interested in the Sports) all bundled together which I've wanted for a long time. My one complaint about VM mobile is that it appears that they DO NOT support connecting to VPN's. This has meant that I've had to get a 3 SIM to allow me to connect to my personal VPN when I'm away from home.

Cya,

Mark King MCP
www.mark-king-basingstoke.co.uk
Virginmedia 541.32Mb/sec Down & 37.37Mb/sec Up (according to Speedtest.net W7 App)
Standard User R0NSKI
(knowledge is power) Mon 02-Sep-19 20:11:32
Print Post

[re: mking90031] [link to this post]

Thanks for the reply.

Well after being on the phone to VM for an hour in total and speaking to three different people I finally got a deal I was happy with. The first person said they could do an oomph bundle with sim for £42 but said I'd need to speak to the oomph team, so I spoke to them and they offered silly prices and no free speed upgrade, so back to disconnections. The last guy at disconnections was really good and even looked into my current fault although he was unable to help as he wasn't faults related but could confirm he could see drop outs on the upstream, which support have previously told me they couldn't.

Initially when I phoned tonight the automated system said I had been affected by a price rise and offered me a £2.50 discount (price rise was £3.50), so if you don't want the hassle of arguing give 30 days notice to terminate the contract then on the last day phone up (if you don't get a call beforehand) and you may well find an automated message with a reduced offer which you can accept.

So I'm now contracted for another year at less than we were paying pre price increase for the same package, hard work but a good result, just need to sort the fault out now.

Hopefully in 12 months time we'll have FTTP available as well, and with a bit of luck 5G, so hopefully there will be far more options next year.

Print Thread

Jump to