User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User DrTeeth
(knowledge is power) Mon 09-Sep-19 14:48:34
Print Post

Re: Taking the plunge

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by R0NSKI:
I know, that's what I have.

The reason it matters is if there isn't already a media converter installed outside then VM will install it wherever they want, which is the easiest place for them rather than where the OP wants it. They won't tell the OP when the external install is being done either.

What is a "media converter" please? How big is it (ooer matron)? I am just getting the phone and broadband.

Cheers

DrT

Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.
Standard User R0NSKI
(knowledge is power) Mon 09-Sep-19 16:02:01
Print Post

[re: DrTeeth] [link to this post]

I noticed on my new contract it said my price was valid until March 2021, so apart from price rises it shouldn't go up. I'm pretty sure my last contrast also said that but after 12 months I got an email saying it was going up to just above £50 and had forgot about the contract, so check yours and remember for 12 months time.

We have Virgin FTTP, which then uses a media converter to convert from fibre to coax. It sits in a box outside on the wall.

Www.ebay.co.uk/itm/303276972330

Don't count on the VM engineer doing a tidy install, that's the last thing on their mind.

Only reason I went with VM is because FTTC is poor, but OR are supposed to be installing FTTP soon smile

Edited by R0NSKI (Mon 09-Sep-19 16:02:26)

Standard User DrTeeth
(knowledge is power) Mon 09-Sep-19 16:58:55
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

I assumed it was coax that they laid, but it could just as easily been fibre. I'll find out soon enough.

The engineer *will* do a tidy install wink. Thanks for the heads-up about the contract.

Cheers

DrT

Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to