User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Fri 05-Feb-21 16:46:05
Print Post

long shot question RE cab

[link to this post]

This is a long shot but someone who works for them may know the answer

someone left the VM cabinet open that serves my house and about 11.30PM Wednesday night my broadband went off and when ive walked past the cab going to the shop some scrote has decided to pull all the fibre cables out that goto the properties (FTTP area),

i rung VM up to tell them it the BB was out (b4 id seen inside the cab) and they just said they know of an outage in the area and it will be 24-72 hours for someone to investigate.

Ive not seen anyone as of yet go look and the cabs still open but does anyone know if this is an easy or hard fix and roughly how long it will take to be back online?.

currently using tethering but the signal isnt the best here and going from 500meg down to 1-3 is pretty shocking to the system lol (1st world problems i know)

not the best pic as it was night time but this is what it looks like inside

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12__rDGKOJqWhpt4sSor...

Thanks in advance Ash
Standard User Seansmit17
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 14-Feb-21 00:14:14
Print Post

Re: long shot question RE cab

[re: acpsd775] [link to this post]

You should of just called them back and tell them where the issue is.

I would assume they might know the "rough" location of the issue but im sure you telling them would allow them to go right to the cab and fix it vs trying to figure out where the fault is them selves...

But as for how long to fix? How long is a bit of string is the answer.

It could be an easy, plug the cables back in and done but if there is more damage it could take longer.

Virgin Media
Connection Speed: DL: 575Mbps UL: 38.5Mbps
Speed test: 550Mbps DL
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Sun 14-Feb-21 01:13:36
Print Post

[re: Seansmit17] [link to this post]

Should of updated its back on. I did ring them up and tell them exactly what had happened they didn't seem to take it onboard as they still kept insisting on trying to do remote diags n stuff lol.

4 days after reporting it they finally sent someone to cab its self and the day after they sent a team out to replace the fibres I had to have a new one from the cab to the front of the house as the cable had been too damaged.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User paulby
(committed) Tue 16-Feb-21 08:37:08
Print Post

[re: acpsd775] [link to this post]

You could've also posted here:

How-to-report-damage-to-street-equipment

Posts are forwarded striaght to their "street equipment team" apparently!
  Print Thread

Jump to