User comments on ISPs
  >> Vodafone

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User sam_nospam
(committed) Sat 14-Sep-19 08:37:29
Print Post

Vodafone Secure Net

[link to this post]

After renewing my contract with Vodafone yesterday ( 13 September 2019 ), I received a text message saying that Vodafone had turned on 'Vodafone Secure Net' for free for 3 months, and after that, they would charge me £1 a month for the service.

I had not requested this service and did not want it as I have my own security packages.

I tried turning off the service via the link they sent ( www.vodafone.co.uk/turnoff ) and it failing and trying to turn it off directly from my account, without success, I contacted Vodafone by phone on their 191 (free) contact number.

After I explained that I wanted Vodafone Secure Net removed from my account and that I required an email confirming my instruction, the Vodafone rep' tried to say that it was part of the contract when I renewed!

I wonder if anyone else had this happen when signing up for Vodafone or renewing their contract?.... it might be as well to check your account to make sure you are not being charged for something you didn't want or ask for.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 14-Sep-19 10:17:26
Print Post

Re: Vodafone Secure Net

[re: sam_nospam] [link to this post]

https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Consumer-Products-and...

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User sam_nospam
(committed) Sat 14-Sep-19 10:41:14
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks for the link .... it would have been nice if Vodafone had included that link when they put Secure Net on my account. Thanks again

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 17-Sep-19 10:38:10
Print Post

[re: sam_nospam] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by sam_nospam:
I wonder if anyone else had this happen when signing up for Vodafone or renewing their contract?.... it might be as well to check your account to make sure you are not being charged for something you didn't want or ask for.

Yes, it came free when I bought a SIM only deal earlier in the year. I didn't want it, so had to follow the page Andrew posted.

plusnet 80/20 (2/jun/14) at 470m; high sync history: 64/9 (Sep/17), 54/6 (Jan/19), 51/6 (Mar/19), 47/6 (Aug/19)
20 years of broadband from 1999's ntl:cable modem trial - Live BQM
Standard User sam_nospam
(committed) Wed 18-Sep-19 08:09:24
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

Thanks for the reply.

I already had security packages so didn't need the 'free' Secure Net included when I renewed my contract and was grateful to Andrew for providing the link to turn off the 'free' service.
  Print Thread

Jump to