Technical Discussion
  >> Voice over IP (VoIP) Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User MattL
(newbie) Tue 26-Jan-21 21:41:19
Print Post

SIP Trunk - which company?

[link to this post]

Any recommendations for a SIP trunk provider?

Gamma, Orbtalk, Gradwell and Andrews & Arnold are all ones that have been mentioned, Gamma over and over again. My requirements are not huge, just want a trunk to link to a VoIP server with a few handsets on it.

Possibly looking to port a number in from Vonage at a later date.

Any first hand experience of any companies out there?
Standard User heathrow
(regular) Tue 26-Jan-21 22:49:18
Print Post

Re: SIP Trunk - which company?

[re: MattL] [link to this post]

Ported a BT number to Andrews and Arnold.

Fairly straightforward. Good documentation on the A&A website. For a low user it's a winner - £1.20 monthly charge and per minute billing.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 27-Jan-21 08:58:51
Print Post

We use gamma for 6000 users. On that scale they seem to work well and are price competitive - occasionally outages or routing issues but that is going to be the case with any provider. Don't know what they would be like on a small scale or how their costings work for a few lines.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User danielhyde
(member) Wed 27-Jan-21 09:28:56
Print Post

In reply to a post by MattL:
Any recommendations for a SIP trunk provider?

Gamma, Orbtalk, Gradwell and Andrews & Arnold are all ones that have been mentioned, Gamma over and over again. My requirements are not huge, just want a trunk to link to a VoIP server with a few handsets on it.

Possibly looking to port a number in from Vonage at a later date.

Any first hand experience of any companies out there?

I can highly recommend Gamma we use their trunks.
We found you have to buy through a reseller, i'd be happy to share their details if you want.

Thanks
Dan
Standard User jpm
(member) Wed 27-Jan-21 11:37:30
Print Post

I've had good experience with Gradwell. I really like Voipfone for the speed they respond to you and the reliability of the service, but they don't really do a trunk in a traditional sense so if you have multiple inbound numbers you have to make a SIP registration for each one and treat it like a virtual extension in their portal. It gets messy very quickly. It's a shame but that's just how their service works.
Standard User MattL
(newbie) Wed 27-Jan-21 18:34:23
Print Post

[re: jpm] [link to this post]

Thanks for the replies, ideally I want to go throughs someone direct no middle company.

Posted similar else where and got similar replies which is good but there is so much difference between some of the providers, lots of small companies which will be reselling too but look a little too shady for me. Rather go with someone a bit more reliable.

First time doing this and can see why some companies end up spending a fortune on stuff like this!
Standard User JonRennie
(knowledge is power) Wed 27-Jan-21 18:41:53
Print Post

I use GoTrunk - fantastic service, all configurable via a control panel and only needed to raise a case with support once in nearly 3 years - that was dealt with very quickly.

wink Comms is hard wink
  Print Thread

Jump to