General Discussion
  >> Which ISP?


Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.


These posts have been archived and can no longer be replied to or modified.
  Print Thread
Standard User firebrandyouth
(newbie) Thu 15-Mar-07 12:08:17
Print Post

Vodafone at Home problems - switch to new ISP


[link to this post]
 
Hi,

-- posted this in the unlisted providers section but thought I'd re-post here where it's more relevant - can anyone recommend an ISP who also take on the BT line rental and are easy to deal with pending house moves?

Some negative feedback to balance out the mostly positive stuff so far:

Signed up on 23rd January with an activation date of 7th February then cancelled few days later because found out there was a BT cancellation fee because I'd only just re-activated line. Felt the Vodafone At Home advisor misled me as I'd asked if there were any possible penalties from BT.

Anyway, I tried to re-activate when the actual modem arrived because I thought I'd just pay the 13 quid BT fee and get my net quicker...I was told when I re-activated however that it would take another 5 working days. It's now Mar 12th and after numerous calls, advisors and activation e-mails, I still have no net. Have spent several hours on phone to Vodafone - polite but perhaps took little notice of my informed advice (i.e. I felt problem was related to cancel) - and I'm waiting on someone contacting me today about it.

I've escalated the problem to supervisor level but they didn't complete a supervisor callback (amongst others callbacks scheduled for 'activation' dates). They've told me that they won't consider any discounts or compensation (i.e. free months) until I'm activated, but they have just sent me a bill for the service (which obviously hasn't started yet).

I'm kinda stuck in that I've left BT to take my line rental to Vodafone and, without going back to BT, can't see a lot of providers that will take the line rental too. Also feel that it may take me longer to extract myself from Vodafone than it has currently taken to get online. I am waiting to see how it resolves itself (or not) today and will let you know how I get on.

I know that cancelling the order and then re-activating (or re-ordering) is not typical but it does at least test their service.

Also, will be moving soon, in case anyone has any advice on other suppliers.

Thanks.
  Print Thread

Jump to