General Discussion
  >> Which ISP? (Residential)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User astanden
(member) Tue 04-Jun-19 13:13:27
Print Post

Re: Time for a new ISP?

[re: Skilty] [link to this post]

So how did it go Skilty?

I am thinking of going with IDNET when my current BT contract is up for renewal.

Kind regards

Adam

iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, Late 2015) 3.3 GHz Intel Core i7 16GB Ram 2TB Fusion drive
iPad Air 2 64GB
iPhone 7 128GB
BT Infinity 80/20 Unlimited
Huawei Openreach VDSL modem/Apple Time Capsule
Standard User Andrue
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 04-Jun-19 14:01:21
Print Post

[re: jaydub] [link to this post]

Yup, I've been back with IDNet for a couple of years now. Slightly more expensive option but it's a service that just works and on the rare occasion when you need to talk to technical support they are helpful and informative.

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK
Standard User Skilty
(committed) Sat 08-Jun-19 07:05:35
Print Post

[re: astanden] [link to this post]

Hey,

Sorry for delayed response. The switch was delayed by a week but that was due to Sky rather than iDNet. Switch was painless and I saw a jump in sync from around 58 up to 68.3 after the switch.

Couple of times I have called support regarding networking stuff they have been really great.

I think you get what you pay for and as I work from home every single day its the peace of mind that is the important thing along with the quality of their service.

plusnet Fibre > Sky Fibre Pro > Pulse8 Fibre XL > Sky Fibre Max - 14ms Ping, Sync ~ 61.2/18.8Mbps - BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User astanden
(member) Sat 08-Jun-19 19:03:35
Print Post

Thanks Skilty

iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, Late 2015) 3.3 GHz Intel Core i7 16GB Ram 2TB Fusion drive
iPad Air 2 64GB
iPhone 7 128GB
BT Infinity 80/20 Unlimited
Huawei Openreach VDSL modem/Apple Time Capsule
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Sun 09-Jun-19 01:00:50
Print Post

What were sky quoting you price wise?

I have the full speed fibre including line rental at £18.99, but I do have tv so they made discounts on the broadband.

Appreciate you moved but... (may help others)

Usually you have to place an order elsewhere eg with TalkTalk using your landline number, once sky see the migration underway and you ring retentions the deals begin to flow. Without an order elsewhere the deals arenít great.

I usually place an order with TalkTalk, get the deal on sky and then ring TalkTalk and cancel the new order.

Edited by ukhardy07 (Sun 09-Jun-19 01:01:57)

Standard User Skilty
(committed) Tue 11-Jun-19 11:45:41
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

The best they could was £40 with discounts even though I have Sky Q with the 2TB box and movies.

plusnet Fibre > Sky Fibre Pro > Pulse8 Fibre XL > Sky Fibre Max - 14ms Ping, Sync ~ 61.2/18.8Mbps - BQM
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to