Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 17-Dec-15 16:00:48
Print Post

Re: Using winfiws 10

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by zyborg47:
Are you sure about that? Remember MS have been downloading Windows 10 setup files to computers where that icon have not been ticked. I would not put it past MS to try and put more pressure on people to update.

i will turn GWX back on for a few days and see what happens.

the new nag have just come up and I have not clicked on anything to say I want Windows 10, so it seems this new nag will be on all Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 machines.

Oh no, that mean more computers i will have to sort out.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro and Linux , laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User neo_wales
(newbie) Thu 17-Dec-15 16:34:15
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

Are you sure about that? Remember MS have been downloading Windows 10 setup files to computers where that icon have not been ticked. I would not put it past MS to try and put more pressure on people to update.

i will turn GWX back on for a few days and see what happens.

the new nag have just come up and I have not clicked on anything to say I want Windows 10, so it seems this new nag will be on all Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 machines.

Oh no, that mean more computers i will have to sort out.

Your mates don't seem to have much luck with computers you sort out, perhaps leave them alone lol

I only know a couple of folk who've had running issues with W10, perhaps they are running newer kit than your chums?

Robert
South Wales UK
Talk Talk FTTC
i7 PC
i7 Surface Pro 4
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 17-Dec-15 16:53:30
Print Post

[re: rogerfp] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by rogerfp:
If you say so. I'll put my hands up and defer to your vast experience and knowledge of installing OS's. I must have been really unlucky with the 6000+ I have installed over the last 25 years, in that almost all needed configuring and setting up after the initial installation.
You write OS's and install them? Wow! Microsoft must regard you as an invaluable resource.

6000+ installations over 25 years. That's 240 per year. Over one per working day. Plus all the configuring and setting up, plus sorting out any problems.

Truly a prodigy that we should all respect and listen to.

[cough]
(I think we now have the truth about the man).

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59997/15142kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User rogerfp
(member) Thu 17-Dec-15 17:47:52
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

No one asked for your opinion. BTW. As you obviously can't read, I never, ever said I write operating systems! Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, so they say. There are many on here who are not surprised at your stupid comments.
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Thu 17-Dec-15 17:56:05
Print Post

[re: rogerfp] [link to this post]

No one asked for your opinion. BTW. As you obviously can't read, I never, ever said I write operating systems! Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, so they say. There are many on here who are not surprised at your stupid comments.
How many years did you work developing operating systems?
Standard User TinyMongomery
(experienced) Thu 17-Dec-15 18:03:19
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

To be fair, if I asked you how many years you had worked as a salesman that wouldn't mean that I was a salesman.

All this business about developing OSs is yet another red herring. I doubt that anyone here has done that.
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Thu 17-Dec-15 18:05:00
Print Post

[re: TinyMongomery] [link to this post]

The question is, why would you ask that?
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 17-Dec-15 18:15:20
Print Post

[re: TinyMongomery] [link to this post]

However, taking an earlier post:-
You really don't know what you are talking about. The release version is just the best beta version available at the time that a product has to be put out to market. Remind me again,how many years you worked for Microsoft?
and the full version of BatBoy's quote:-
How many years did you work developing operating systems?
Thought so. Another amateur.
We seem to have someone who implies superior technical and OS-writing experience.

What we appear to have (at best) is a customer support staff member at a Microsoft Partner, who spent 25 years mainly occupied with OS upgrade installations. For some reason not progressing beyond that.

Not exactly wide experience of OS and software in general design, development/writing, pre-release testing procedures.

Cocky and bad-mouthed to boot.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59997/15142kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User rogerfp
(member) Thu 17-Dec-15 18:19:12
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

For approximately 2 years I was involved in helping to develop an OS. I have never said that I was involved in writing them. I don't have that sort of background or ability. But it was a good insight in how the process pans out of bringing the OS to market. BTW, I am not referring to the Insider Program as some have implied. I was working in house. Hope this clarifies my involvement.
Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 17-Dec-15 18:24:01
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
It's also idiotic for anyone to claim it was fit for general release at the end of July. It was a shambles. Perhaps that needs to be the new term for something that is post-beta but has to be released due to marketing division say-so smile.

Really? Funny I installed it on many machines and didn't have any real problems. Oh and by the way Windows Server 2016 Beta 3 and 4 work quite well too.
Maybe you are doing something stupid with it...

You are making yourself look silly, and with respect some of the questions you (and some others) are posting here are proof in point that you are tinkering around with an OS you do not fully understand and that if you left it alone you may not have problems.

AAISP Home::1

Edited by Pipexer (Thu 17-Dec-15 18:24:45)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to