User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User AndyS
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 06-Aug-15 12:59:08
Print Post

IPv6 trial

[link to this post]

I've seen a few threads regarding IPv6 on this forum in the past so I thought I'd highlight this blog post in case anyone had missed it:
Only last week we launched a trial of IPv6 technology for our Partners. The response we received was overwhelming; endless numbers of customers wanting to get involved so they too can start to benefit from everything it offers.

You got in touch; we listened. From today, our entire customer base are welcome to sign up to our IPv6 trial.
Zen have rather changed their tune on this as when I enquired recently I was told that there were no plans and that there was no demand from customers.

Andy

| ZeN Unlimited Broadband | Vigor2820Vn | 8 IP subnet |
Standard User Geordish
(regular) Thu 06-Aug-15 13:26:23
Print Post

Re: IPv6 trial *DELETED*

[re: AndyS] [link to this post]

Post deleted by Geordish
Standard User summat
(member) Thu 06-Aug-15 13:34:23
Print Post

Re: IPv6 trial

Every mention I've ever seen of IPv6 from Zen is 'there's no demand so we're not doing it'.

This is a welcome (and quite sudden) change and I have registered my interest!

My SixxS tunnel is doing a decent job but I'd much prefer the real thing!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mixt
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 06-Aug-15 13:36:57
Print Post

Thanks for this. Have registered my interest. Let's see what happens.

Zen Unlimited Fibre | IPv6 via HE | » Automated Hourly HTTPx5 TBB Speed Tests «
Previous ISPs » aaisp.net (40/10Mb FTTC) | Virgin Media (50Mb/Cable) | Be* Un Limited (ADSL2+) | Zen (ADSL)
Download Maximiser | BIND GeoDNS | Are you being blÝcked?
Standard User rhetherington
(committed) Sun 09-Aug-15 21:04:53
Print Post

Finally. I've been waiting 9 years! ^_^
Standard User therioman
(knowledge is power) Mon 10-Aug-15 08:42:12
Print Post

[re: rhetherington] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by rhetherington:
Finally. I've been waiting 9 years! ^_^

Well the good news is that Zen will have the most knowledgeable IPv6 engineers and support team ever... given that they said "...we are very busy behind the scenes building and testing, as well as training all our staff to the high standards we set for ourselves. As soon as we have something available we will be in touch, rest assured!"

Given how long it's taken, people can expect extremely good support.
Standard User ZenUserJP
(regular) Tue 11-Aug-15 12:27:03
Print Post

[re: therioman] [link to this post]

+1
Standard User paulcdb
(learned) Wed 12-Aug-15 18:03:04
Print Post

[re: summat] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by summat:
Every mention I've ever seen of IPv6 from Zen is 'there's no demand so we're not doing it'.

The trouble is if zen had said they're looking into it and may introduce it in 6 months people will take that as final and after 6 months if it wasn't out, complain because they promised it.

So zen must likely feel it's easier to say they have no plans yet work in the background and only release it once it's ready.

Looking forward to trying it out though.
(committed) Mon 17-Aug-15 10:25:45
Print Post

My account is now enabled for IPv6.

Here's the relevant snippet of OpenWrt's /etc/config/network (using Google's DNS rather than Zen's) to enable it:

Text
config interface 'wan'
        option ifname 'eth0.2'        option proto 'pppoe'
        option username 'ZEN-USERNAME'        option password 'ZEN-PASSWORD'
        option peerdns '0'        option dns '8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4'
        option ipv6 '1' 
config interface 'wan6'        option ifname '@wan'
        option proto 'dhcpv6'        option dns '2001:4860:4860::8888 2001:4860:4860::8844'
        option peerdns '0'

Edited by rhetherington (Mon 17-Aug-15 10:26:13)

Standard User tehdan
(newbie) Mon 17-Aug-15 11:30:36
Print Post

How long did it take them to activate you after requesting it?
(committed) Mon 17-Aug-15 12:08:35
Print Post

[re: tehdan] [link to this post]

I signed up for the trial last week.

Got an email from Zen this morning at 08:51 with some details and info on how to request my account be enabled. I sent an email requesting enablement a few minutes later and Zen had set it all up by 09:10.
Standard User tehdan
(newbie) Mon 17-Aug-15 12:49:13
Print Post

Wow, I did exactly the same and still waiting at 12:50 frown
Standard User simonr
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 17-Aug-15 12:58:07
Print Post

I too replied within a few minutes of this morning's email and was set up within 10 minutes. Maybe the queue has got longer since then!
Standard User tehdan
(newbie) Mon 17-Aug-15 13:18:47
Print Post

[re: simonr] [link to this post]

Tip to anyone else still waiting - reply to the email you got this morning - was then set up in minutes. (originally i composed a new email to the address in the email)

Dan

Edited by tehdan (Mon 17-Aug-15 13:19:32)

Standard User hazey_flakes
(newbie) Mon 17-Aug-15 13:43:36
Print Post

So long as you have emailed the trial email address, it does not matter whether you replied to this mornings email, or created a fresh email. We will aim to enable accounts within 48 hours. We'll be processing them occasionally throughout the day, but the majority of updates will be performed first thing in the working day.

Brandon
Standard User lexden16
(member) Mon 17-Aug-15 14:30:38
Print Post

In reply to a post by tehdan:
How long did it take them to activate you after requesting it?

Two hours but I did respond on receipt of the 8.50 am e-mail.
Standard User ZenUserJP
(regular) Mon 17-Aug-15 19:56:15
Print Post

[re: simonr] [link to this post]

I replied within 10 minutes and nothing here yet so it must have.

Never mind no rush smile
Standard User hopeless
(member) Mon 17-Aug-15 23:33:30
Print Post

[re: ZenUserJP] [link to this post]

My speedtests are a lot slower on IPv6:

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html...

Speedtest with IPv4:

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4590098414

Is this normal, or is it a bug in the trial?

Edited by hopeless (Tue 18-Aug-15 00:32:47)

Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 17-Aug-15 23:47:53
Print Post

[re: hopeless] [link to this post]

the speedtest.net test is misreading the ping, might be worth trying the IPv4 test via ThinkBroadband to get better reading!

Standard User hopeless
(member) Tue 18-Aug-15 00:24:39
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

Yeah I know. I'm nowhere near Cowes. It automatically chose the nearest one it found. My ping is around 7ms to London.

I'll amend the post for clarification

edit: where's TBB IPv4 speedtest? It says IPv6 enabled when I run it. I've tried the alternate speedtest here (by logging out) but get similar speeds.

Edited by hopeless (Tue 18-Aug-15 00:39:23)

Standard User mixt
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 18-Aug-15 10:42:49
Print Post

[re: mixt] [link to this post]

Well this is certainly a bit different from A&A.

Took me a while, but am now up and running with a single /64 from the /48 prefix they delegated me. The /64 ND prefix works off the bat as I can see routing advertisements from that on the ppp interface right away, but to make use of the /48, I had to configure dhcp6c on the ppp interface to request they route the first /64 of that to me so I can use it. This is different from A&A where they simply statically route/associate a /48 with the connection without needing any of these antics.

Other than that, all appears to be good. Very pleased this has finally arrived.

Zen Unlimited Fibre + Native IPv6 (Trial) | » Automated Hourly HTTPx5 TBB Speed Tests «
Previous ISPs » aaisp.net (40/10Mb FTTC) | Virgin Media (50Mb/Cable) | Be* Un Limited (ADSL2+) | Zen (ADSL)
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 18-Aug-15 10:49:20
Print Post

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/faq/sections/flash-spe...

Links to forced versions in that FAQ item

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User hopeless
(member) Tue 18-Aug-15 11:19:14
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks Andrew.

IPv4:

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html...

I let my 7800N auto configure and it set my IP as Delegated Prefix /48. Is it supposed to be /64?

Out of my depth here and not even sure if I need IPv6.
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Tue 18-Aug-15 11:35:04
Print Post

got my working too, but not getting good throughput IPV6 speedtest
Standard User tehdan
(newbie) Tue 18-Aug-15 11:44:00
Print Post

My Mikrotik router wouldn't get a the /64 via ND, but it does get the default route from the pppoe interface. It seems happy with a manually assigned address from that block. Requesting the /48 by DHCP worked fine, and using 2 /64s from it locally so far. I have found that vs a sixxs tunnel I'm seeing better latency but reduced throughput so far...

So far pretty good I think, I'm sure they'll get performance under control.
Standard User ZenUserJP
(regular) Tue 18-Aug-15 11:45:49
Print Post

ive wasted 2 hours of my life trying to get this to work on my Billion 8800NL I have a LAN and WAn ipv6 address but none of the testers here work

As Zen do a static why are we all worried we are going to run out of IPs anyway? or have I got the idea totally wrong?
Standard User mixt
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 18-Aug-15 12:23:11
Print Post

I spent most of last night and most of this morning reconfiguring everything, which has been somewhat of a nightmare. I have particular services which expect particular IPv6 addresses to be up and running after I send everything for a reboot, so took me a while to actually suss out what is going on and how I need to configure things.

So in a nutshell, here it is:

1) Firstly I had to enable the ppp tools to recognise and configure IPv6 link level address on ppp interface. This is done by adding a single line to my "options" file that looks like this:

Text
ipv6 ,

I already had this in from my time at A&A (left it as is when I migrated to Zen) so this part was already done.

2) I then had to explicitly tell the kernel to accept RA (Routing Advertisement) notifications on the ppp interface: sysctl net.ipv6.conf.ppp0.accept_ra=2

3) Then I have to wait. After a while, when Zen send a RA down the ppp link under the ND /64 prefix, the interface automatically sets itself up with a random IPv6 address under this prefix.

4) Then DHCP6C runs on ppp0, requesting that I want the first /64 of the /48 delegated prefix they've assigned me. That config looks like this:

Text
interface ppp0 {
    send ia-na 0;    send ia-pd 0;
}; 
id-assoc na 0 { }; 
id-assoc pd 0 {    prefix-interface eth0 {
        sla-id 0;        sla-len 16;
    };};

The "sla-len" value of 16 creates a /64 which is /48 (what Zen delegate) + 16 bits to create a local /64 my side. DHCP6C then creates an address (based on the MAC address of eth0) and sets that up on eth0 (my LAN) for me.

I've also manually configured 2 other addresses under this /64 prefix, on eth0, when Linux brings up the interface (totally independent of this process) so dnsmasq doesn't complain on bootup that it can't find configured IPv6 address to bind to because none of the above has actually run yet.

Once all of the above settles down, it works like a charm.

Not sure why Zen have opted to go this route. It seems overly complicated. Statically routing like what A&A does is so much simpler (no need to run dhcp6c or explicitly telling the kernel to accept RA on ppp0 etc). Maybe they have their reasons, maybe they've been trialling this with common IPv6 enabled routers, but A&A was much much simpler than this.

Zen Unlimited Fibre + Native IPv6 (Trial) | » Automated Hourly HTTPx5 TBB Speed Tests «

Edited by mixt (Tue 18-Aug-15 12:43:36)

Standard User andatche
(regular) Tue 18-Aug-15 12:50:30
Print Post

In reply to a post by mixt:
Not sure why Zen have opted to go this route. It seems overly complicated. Statically routing like what A&A does is so much simpler (no need to run dhcp6c or explicitly telling the kernel to accept RA on ppp0 etc). Maybe they have their reasons, maybe they've been trialling this with common IPv6 enabled routers, but A&A was much much simpler than this.

This is a pretty standard setup for end user dual-stack configurations and conforms with TR-187 (https://www.broadband-forum.org/technical/download/TR-187.pdf) and rfc7084 (https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7084).

As far as I can tell though, there is nothing preventing you from simply statically configuring the /64 ND prefix on the ppp interface and then using the /48 as you see fit. It appears the entire /48 is routed either way.
Standard User tehdan
(newbie) Tue 18-Aug-15 12:55:37
Print Post

As per their email, it there is a standard Zen is trying to adhere too:

We are intending for the Service to conform to the Broadband Forum Standard TR187

I guess the aim being to have a fairly standard setup allowing CPE to be configured automatically other than PPPoE credentials. Of course A&A do it the hard way, they massively predate anyone trying to standardise this for consumer broadband smile
Standard User mixt
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 18-Aug-15 13:00:01
Print Post

[re: andatche] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by andatche:
As far as I can tell though, there is nothing preventing you from simply statically configuring the /64 ND prefix on the ppp interface and then using the /48 as you see fit. It appears the entire /48 is routed either way.

The /48 is not routed by default. From Zen directly (yesterday, when I was wondering why the /48 was not being routed):
The final 64 bits of your PPP interface may change dependant on your CPE. We have left this under the End Users control.

For the /48 delegated prefix, we cannot see a successful delegation;

[email protected]
Session state Up
Circuit L2TP LNS 3300
Internal Circuit X/X:X:X:X/X/X/X
Interface bound zen-ppp-default
Current port-limit unlimited
Protocol Stack Dual
ip route 88.96.X.X 255.255.255.248 88.96.X.X 1 (applied)
ip address 88.96.X.X (applied)
truncatedÖ.
Framed-IPV6-Prefix 2a02:8011:XXXX:X::/64 (applied)
Delegated-IPV6-Prefix 2a02:8010:XXXX::/48 (applied)
truncatedÖ.
calling-id BBEUXXXXXXXX (applied)

We can see that the BRAS is aware of the Prefix that it would offer, but this has not been requested and installed. The routing only completes once the DHCP-PD is successful.

If you can confirm what router you are using, weíll attempt to assist with getting DHCP-PD working for you.

You are right, I could use the /64 ND prefix and not bother with the /48, but it's nice to try out the full scope of this implementation, considering it's a trial - plus using the first /64 of the /48 creates shorter (nicer looking) addresses. smile

Standard User mixt
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 18-Aug-15 13:01:04
Print Post

I shall point Adrian to your forum post here. wink

Standard User Geordish
(regular) Tue 18-Aug-15 13:32:55
Print Post

Your CPE should be requesting the /48, and splitting it up for your LAN. Each network should be getting a /64 out of that /48 (which gives you around 65k networks you can operate)

If your machines are getting an IP address out of the delegated prefix, and you can connect to things like http://ipv6.google.com then I wouldn't worry too much.
Standard User andatche
(regular) Tue 18-Aug-15 13:47:44
Print Post

The /48 is not routed by default. From Zen directly (yesterday, when I was wondering why the /48 was not being routed):

Ah, fair enough. I have statically configured some prefixes from the /48 (/128s for loopbacks etc.) which are not configured with DHCPv6-PD and had no problems, I do however also have a few /64s configured with DHCPv6-PD. It looks like the full /48 is routed once the PD request is made then.
Standard User Geordish
(regular) Tue 18-Aug-15 13:52:14
Print Post

[re: andatche] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by andatche:
I do however also have a few /64s configured with DHCPv6-PD. It looks like the full /48 is routed once the PD request is made then.

DHCPv6-PD works by requesting a prefix. Your CPE then splits this up for you. When you make the request, Zen will be sending you the full /48, and you do with it what you want. This will be why your /128's are working.
Standard User Geordish
(regular) Tue 18-Aug-15 14:05:54
Print Post

Does your PC have an IPv6 address?

I get the following:
$ ipconfig

Windows IP Configuration

Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi 2:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2a02:8011:0:0:0:0:2fa7:e0c2
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : fd00::1:51ae:c44f:2fa7:e0c2
Temporary IPv6 Address. . . . . . : 2a02:8011:3:0:0:0:1a20:2bd5
Temporary IPv6 Address. . . . . . : fd00::1:947e:48a2:1a20:2bd5
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::51ae:c44f:2fa7:e0c2%4
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.121
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : fe80::ae22:bff:fe24:a658%4

I can then ping my gateway (remove the %4 off the end)

$ ping fe80::ae22:bff:fe24:a658

Pinging fe80::ae22:bff:fe24:a658 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from fe80::ae22:bff:fe24:a658: time=1ms
Reply from fe80::ae22:bff:fe24:a658: time=1ms

Following this I can ping google.com:

$ ping google.com

Pinging google.com [2a00:1450:4009:801::200e] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 2a00:1450:4009:801::200e: time=17ms
Reply from 2a00:1450:4009:801::200e: time=15ms

Are you getting this far?

IPv6 is not about Zen running out of addresses, its about the world running out. Its no good you having an IPv4 address if you can't reach a new service that is IPv6 only.

There is a good FAQ about IPv6 here: http://www.internetsociety.org/ipv6-frequently-asked...
Standard User andatche
(regular) Tue 18-Aug-15 14:38:29
Print Post

[re: Geordish] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Geordish:
DHCPv6-PD works by requesting a prefix. Your CPE then splits this up for you. When you make the request, Zen will be sending you the full /48, and you do with it what you want. This will be why your /128's are working.

In this case the CPE is subnetting the single delegated /48 prefix itself yes, but that isn't always the case. Some implementations require the requesting router to make a separate request (IA_PD) to the delegating router for each prefix required, in which case the delegating router may only route the individual prefixes, rather than the shorter covering prefix.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Tue 18-Aug-15 15:06:05
Print Post

In reply to a post by ZenUserJP:
ive wasted 2 hours of my life trying to get this to work on my Billion 8800NL I have a LAN and WAn ipv6 address but none of the testers here work

As Zen do a static why are we all worried we are going to run out of IPs anyway? or have I got the idea totally wrong?

because its a worldwide issue, eventually web content will become ipv6 only due to the lack of ipv4 addresses, and if at that point you dont have ipv6 connectivity then you dont get to view that content.

e.g. hetzner a large german hosting isp, now will only supply one ip per server due to the shortage.

Some isp's do of course appear to have large stocks of ipv4, e.g. openitc in the uk are supplying entire /24s per server which is somewhat irresponsible but shows they must have a lot left. But they do charge a hefty premium for those servers. However because some isps are ok it doesnt mean everyone is.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4
Standard User ZenUserJP
(regular) Wed 19-Aug-15 09:16:20
Print Post

Of course A&A do it the hard way,

<sarcasm> Indeed. 2 days so far unable to get Zen's attempt to work - When I was with A&A it took all of 2 seconds.

The very hard way indeed! </end sarcasm>
Standard User ZenUserJP
(regular) Wed 19-Aug-15 09:17:17
Print Post

I am on a Mac, but the Router does have an IPv6 address yes
Standard User Geordish
(regular) Wed 19-Aug-15 09:50:14
Print Post

Does your mac have an IPv6 address? If it doesn't you're not going to get very far.
(newbie) Wed 19-Aug-15 12:12:32
Print Post

<sarcasm> Indeed. 2 days so far unable to get Zen's attempt to work - When I was with A&A it took all of 2 seconds.

The intention is not to make this hard for users. If you are experiencing issues please email the trial email address. We can then look at altering the configuration on your account. Based on investigations to some feedback we have received today, I think it might be possible to have the /48 both routed and available for Prefix Delegation.

I thought I'd previously been unable to achieve this in the lab, but it appears my home connection is actually now running with that form of configuration.

regards,
Brandon.
Standard User ZenUserJP
(regular) Wed 19-Aug-15 12:25:08
Print Post

[re: hazey_flakes] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by hazey_flakes:

The intention is not to make this hard for users. If you are experiencing issues please email the trial email address. We can then look at altering the configuration on your account. Based on investigations to some feedback we have received today, I think it might be possible to have the /48 both routed and available for Prefix Delegation.

I thought I'd previously been unable to achieve this in the lab, but it appears my home connection is actually now running with that form of configuration.

regards,
Brandon.

I will reply by all means to help you solve the problem sure smile
Standard User mixt
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 19-Aug-15 13:08:39
Print Post

Hi Brandon,

For those on Linux, it would seem the dhcp6c daemon is quite naive. If the ppp link drops and reconnects, the daemon does not appear to (by default) re-request the /48 block. A "reload" does not resolve this issue either, so I have had to script a complete "dhcp6c restart" into the ppp script I have custom written, which runs upon detection of a ppp drop/reconnect, that restores the /48 routing in its entirety.

It is subtle issues like this that make me wonder if it is worth just statically routing the /48 and having done with it. But I can work with this either way; others maybe not so well.

Just letting you know.

Edited by mixt (Wed 19-Aug-15 13:24:48)

(newbie) Wed 19-Aug-15 13:37:54
Print Post

It is subtle issues like this that make me wonder if it is worth just statically routing the /48 and having done with it. But I can work with this either way; others maybe not so well.

Based on feedback I'm looking at allowing for static routing alongside TR187. However it is likely that CPE will be built to conform with TR187 I want to ensure this works correctly in the first instance. If any of the trialists wish to test the addition of static routing, then I'm happy to attempt it with them.

In theory if the CPE supports it TR187 is the easiest method, the end user almost has no configuration to carry out. On an Asus AC68U , we simply turn on ipv6 native and enable DHCP-PD, all the rest of the configuration is then automatic using the default settings. (well apart from IPv6 firewall which has to be turned on manually).

If we did not use DHCP-PD the user user would have to be aware of their /48 prefix, and know how to subnet this into a /64 for their LAN and configure it into their LAN settings. For technical users this is straight forward. For untechnical home users we assume that they just want to plug and play. NAT in IPv4 actually made this easy for them, a huge number of home users have never considered that they could change their internal subnet away from the default setting.

Edited by hazey_flakes (Wed 19-Aug-15 13:54:00)

Standard User derekdel
(regular) Wed 19-Aug-15 18:31:50
Print Post

My connection went over no problems, I just selected auto detect on the router in the ipv6 options.

job done smile

ZeN Line 1 BQM
ZeN Line 2 BQM
BT Backhaul sucks
Standard User tehdan
(newbie) Thu 20-Aug-15 09:04:20
Print Post

What router do you have?

What I meant about A&A doing it the hard way is that it requires you to understand networking although yes - they do it in a a straightforward way. The way Zen have gone is obviously designed to let a suitable router be automatically configured. It sounds like your router isn't one of these, so you fall into the 'harder than necessary' category smile
Standard User mixt
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 20-Aug-15 09:06:40
Print Post

I agree with you entirely that the best option is a "plug-and-play" setup. I'm not going to request modification of the IPv6 setup you've provisioned me, as I've got it working reliably now, and am quite happy with it.

I hope the trial brings some positive feedback and look forward to this going permanently live over the next year or so (I see no reason why it shouldn't, if the trial proves successful).

Though you do need to decide how reverse DNS delegation is going to work. In my case, it would be easiest if you allowed for delegation of the prefixes to some name servers which I can then configure for this purpose, but I guess for the non-techy users, allowing reverse DNS to be defined via the portal would be acceptable as well (much like you already have for IPv4).

Zen Unlimited Fibre + Native IPv6 (Trial) | » Automated Hourly HTTPx6 TBB Speed Tests (3xIPv4+3xIPv6) «
Standard User tehdan
(newbie) Thu 20-Aug-15 09:11:37
Print Post

+1 for delegation of name servers for rDNS
(committed) Thu 20-Aug-15 12:23:23
Print Post

+1 for allowing our own name servers to assign rDNS.

Since setup i've had no problems with IPv6. I suspect that OpenWrt supports TR187 out of the box but since i had been using a tunnel i had to reconfigure things myself and can't be 100% sure without doing a reset (which i'll do when 15.05 is officially released).

I'm using RFC 4638 on my connection and haven't experienced any problems with the full 1500 MTU on either IPv4 or IPv6.

I've got multiple subnets and OpenWrt is correctly handing out addresses from multiple /64s of my prefix (wired LAN has a /60 available. The first /64 for clients with the rest available for prefix delegation to any future routers connected).

Most of this stuff was already configured for my HE tunnel and the native IPv6 was a seamless swap. Didn't even need to modify internal DNS since OpenWrt also does ULA and i was using that for internal IPv6 hosts.
Standard User ZenUserJP
(regular) Thu 20-Aug-15 15:21:36
Print Post

a billion 8800nl. i might try and flash the tg582 and use that as it came from aaisp
Standard User techguy
(experienced) Fri 21-Aug-15 19:46:44
Print Post

How did you get this enabled as mailed their hello e-mail address yesterday and haven't heard anything back as yet.

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen => Freeola => Vivaciti (using O2 Wholesale DSL) => Xilo (C&W Wholesale) => Xilo (O2 Wholesale) => Xilo (TT Wholesale due to O2 Wholesale closure) => Zen LLU
Router: Billion 8800NL
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.
Standard User ZenUserJP
(regular) Sat 22-Aug-15 00:20:49
Print Post

[re: techguy] [link to this post]

This is what I have, does anyone know what's going on?

I have an address under "Default IPv6 Gateway / IPv6 Address" in summary

this is my Ipv6 bit

http://prntscr.com/87f8kd

this is on my mac

http://prntscr.com/87f8lf

Edit I have done a firmware upgrade and it detected IPv6 right off the bat without the autoconfig bit needing doing but the MAC didn't have the address untill I did the advertisment stuff

nothing works!

Edited by ZenUserJP (Sat 22-Aug-15 01:23:47)

Standard User mixt
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 22-Aug-15 08:26:45
Print Post

Try changing your static LAN IPv6 address configuration from a /48 to a /64 prefix length. The normal way this works is that each LAN interface should use a /64 prefix from the /48 Zen delegate you (allowing you to have 65536 different /64s). The reason for this is that other services, like radvd, which advertise this /64 to the rest of your LAN (so that devices can auto-configure themselves etc) expect to use the remaining 64 bits in a specific way to manage stateless configuration. Read this to get an idea of why this is the case: http://superuser.com/questions/662851/radvd-wont-acc... - it involves many RFCs that were finalised years ago now.

This should work, and your MAC should be getting an address under 2a02:8010:8001:0::/64 (the first /64 of your /48).

Zen Unlimited Fibre + Native IPv6 (Trial)
Automated Hourly HTTPx6 TBB Speed Tests (3xIPv4+3xIPv6)
Standard User tehdan
(newbie) Sat 22-Aug-15 10:47:52
Print Post

Re: IPv6 trial *DELETED*

Post deleted by tehdan
Standard User AdrianPH
(learned) Sat 22-Aug-15 12:02:43
Print Post

[re: techguy] [link to this post]

https://forum.zen.co.uk/forums/permalink/50813/50601...
Standard User ZenUserJP
(regular) Sat 22-Aug-15 14:52:16
Print Post

Thanks for your reply and help.

Here is the current Router status http://prntscr.com/87lelo

SO I did a clean setup, checked IPv6 and the Billion configured and picked it up right away. I then did this (is it right?) http://prntscr.com/87le3q . I also now get this. http://prntscr.com/87le7g but sites like http://test-ipv6.com/ fail telling me I am on IPv4. I've done a restart with current settings.

The mac shows the router as being located at e80::6203:47ff:fe12:285b but I am told even with /64 on the end it's invalid when I try this.

I am noticing slower browsing even when I use Google's IPv6 DNS so I assume something, somewhere is working

Edited by ZenUserJP (Sat 22-Aug-15 14:54:43)

Standard User mixt
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 22-Aug-15 15:51:05
Print Post

I think you misunderstood me - I'll clarify again.

Zen give you two prefixes - a /64 and a /48. The /64 is for the WAN side, and used purely for the purpose of allowing your router to auto-configure a random IPv6 address under this /64 assignment, on its WAN interface. Looking at your screen shots, it has already done this successfully.

Now the next part.

The /48 they give you is for use on the LAN side. It is routed via the /64 IP address that the router auto-configures itself with on its WAN interface. But, you need to tell your router what /64 prefix (and there are 2^(64-48) = 2^16 = 65536 different /64 prefixes to choose from) it should use for the LAN interface. So, set the "Static LAN IPv6 Address Configuration - Interface Address / Prefix Length" to be:

2a02:8010:8001::/64

(which is the same as 2a02:8010:8001:0::/64) - the 0 is the very first /64 prefix you can use from 2a02:8010:8001::/48, which they've delegated to you.

You've currently set the "Interface Address / Prefix Length" field to the /64 ND (Neighbour Discovery) prefix Zen gave you (2a02:8011:d008:1::/64) which is incorrect. This may still work, but it is not the way Zen intended this /64 to be used, in a routed setup.

Edited by mixt (Sat 22-Aug-15 16:09:45)

Standard User ZenUserJP
(member) Sat 22-Aug-15 16:45:45
Print Post

Thanks and sorry that I did.

Okay I have set it to that and restarted and it's still going to ipv4 when i try ipv6 sites so I will call Billion Monday Morning and get the settings checked over.
Standard User Geordish
(regular) Sat 22-Aug-15 17:20:48
Print Post

Try not configuring an IPv6 address on your LAN at all. It should be clever enough to sort that bit out on its own.
(committed) Sat 22-Aug-15 17:33:41
Print Post

Check the actual prefixes in the email that Zen sent you when they set up IPv6 for your account. You've posted multiple screen shots set up with different prefixes, so i'm unsure what your actual /48 is.

Ignore the ND Prefix line, since your router is handling that.

Copy and paste the Delegated Prefix into the "Interface Address / Prefix Length" changing the end from /48 to /64.

You don't need to meddle with settings on the Mac (you may want to restart it, so it doesn't keep addresses from the old prefix). I'm on a Hackintosh running Mavericks and it all just works fine.

Once the Mac gets a new IPv6 address open up a terminal and do:
Text
ping6 google.com

and you should see a response. Proceed with any IPv6 tests you wanted to do,
Standard User ZenUserJP
(member) Sat 22-Aug-15 18:49:38
Print Post

In reply to a post by rhetherington:
Check the actual prefixes in the email that Zen sent you when they set up IPv6 for your account. You've posted multiple screen shots set up with different prefixes, so i'm unsure what your actual /48 is.

Ignore the ND Prefix line, since your router is handling that.

Copy and paste the Delegated Prefix into the "Interface Address / Prefix Length" changing the end from /48 to /64.

You don't need to meddle with settings on the Mac (you may want to restart it, so it doesn't keep addresses from the old prefix). I'm on a Hackintosh running Mavericks and it all just works fine.

Once the Mac gets a new IPv6 address open up a terminal and do:
Text
ping6 google.com

and you should see a response. Proceed with any IPv6 tests you wanted to do,

I've put it in - and it's 2a02:8010:8001::/48

still can't access IPv6 When I do the ping command I get this

http://prntscr.com/87nutm
Standard User ZenUserJP
(member) Sat 22-Aug-15 19:00:03
Print Post

Edit that gear does not even do 6. so meh..

This is EXACTLY what Brandon sent me.

ND Prefix 2a02:8011:d008:1::/64

Delegated Prefix 2a02:8010:8001::/48

I've put in the Delegated prefix in the right place - applied it done a restart and still nothing.

I will call Billion monday if it's still a problem past that I will give up. I have a TC TG582N which I can't seem to find a zen config file for for toffee which annoys me as I know that would work!

Edited by ZenUserJP (Sat 22-Aug-15 19:18:46)

(committed) Sat 22-Aug-15 19:36:17
Print Post

You're definitely putting 2a02:8010:8001::/64 in the "Interface Address" box?

Try it with the "Interface Address" box empty. Theoretically, if the router is doing things right, you shouldn't need to be setting it up statically. This is exactly the reason i never run shoddy manufacturer firmware on routers.
Standard User ZenUserJP
(member) Sat 22-Aug-15 23:25:18
Print Post

HI,

yup im definitely putting that in - with it in, without it in I get the IPv6 address in Status,LAN,WAN and also in Network on the Mac. But still every IPv6 site/test/ping fails

I know it's something I have not ticked or have ticked wrong but I really can't spend the rest of my weekend on something which really is not that important just wanted to help Zen out with their trial

I have a TG582N which came from A&A and I am sure it's locked as I can't get any broadband light to stay solid. It was meant to work on ADSL and FTTC but I can't get it to work. If it did I could use that.
Standard User tehdan
(newbie) Sun 23-Aug-15 09:06:14
Print Post

Its not locked to A&A. As far as I know that's an ADSL2+ modem, not a VDSL modem. You might be able to make it work with a VDSL dumb-modem (like BT supply) if it supports PPPoE rather and ADSL for its WAN interface.
Standard User clivers
(newbie) Sun 23-Aug-15 10:21:40
Print Post

HI,
I have a TG582N which came from A&A and I am sure it's locked as I can't get any broadband light to stay solid. It was meant to work on ADSL and FTTC but I can't get it to work. If it did I could use that.

I suspect you would have to disable the TR069
http://support.aa.net.uk/Router_-_TG582N_-_TR069
Standard User ZenUserJP
(member) Sun 23-Aug-15 12:57:03
Print Post

Its not locked to A&A. As far as I know that's an ADSL2+ modem, not a VDSL modem. You might be able to make it work with a VDSL dumb-modem (like BT supply) if it supports PPPoE rather and ADSL for its WAN interface.

Well they said it would work with VDSL and even Zen show how to change the router from ADSL to VDSL so I assume it is compatible. It has a red port on the back to go into the BTO Modem anyway
Standard User ZenUserJP
(member) Sun 23-Aug-15 12:57:40
Print Post

[re: clivers] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by clivers:
HI,

I suspect you would have to disable the TR069
http://support.aa.net.uk/Router_-_TG582N_-_TR069

I will try that - it does come up with [email protected] even after I flashed the dam thing.

That said. I am going back to A&A anyway and so if I get stuck with a wires only service (like Zen gave me) then at least I will have some gear to work right away. I had to buy the Billion because Zen think it's acceptable to just stick someone with a engineer install on a HG612 and nothing else. Even if it's an upgrade we still need equipment Zen! (you ask for the same contract term but don't actually give the gear in return)

I did find out that because I was left to source my own equipment Zen have not forfilled their contract terms so their 12 months is void. (as they didn't leave me with a service I could use until I bought my own kit)

Edited by ZenUserJP (Sun 23-Aug-15 14:55:34)

Standard User ZenUserJP
(member) Mon 24-Aug-15 12:58:16
Print Post

I called Billion, he remoted in and said all was fine. It started to work right there and then and then he suggested that I keep the Prefix boxes blank on the LAN. still working

Odd but it worked - thanks for all your help and advice everyone wink
(committed) Mon 24-Aug-15 14:37:38
Print Post

Glad you got it sorted. Now you can go play some Loops of Zen.
Standard User ZenUserJP
(member) Mon 24-Aug-15 19:41:41
Print Post

Well I've done nothing at all - come home and the IPv6 is now not working.

No one has touched the connection grr.
Standard User ZenUserJP
(member) Tue 25-Aug-15 11:08:03
Print Post

I called Billion support back and to be fair I was shown that the guy I spoke to yesterday was a real gem. The guy today seemed uninterested and like he wanted me off the phone. He told me that if nothing has changed in the router then there is no way IPv6 could just stop working. So hey, I am a liar apparently.

He then said that Zen were not giving me an IPv6 address - (he clearly has physic powers) and that If they have "broken the link" then there was nothing he could do.

I said to him " no problem! I'll buy a Fritzbox - apparently they are decent" and hung up. I called back 10 minutes later and got the same guy so I just hung up.

I have no idea why it stopped but the guy yesterday at least took a few minutes to look over my router - this guy just seemed to connect to it in his mind like some sort of off shore Jedi

I'll stick with 4. Given up now.
Standard User therioman
(knowledge is power) Wed 16-Sep-15 18:01:19
Print Post

another +1 for that.
(committed) Wed 16-Sep-15 19:39:46
Print Post

If Zen enables this Hurricane Electric has free hosted DNS which can also be used for rDNS.

I currently use it for all my domains DNS because, unfortunately, the vast majority of registrar-provided DNS is extremely limited in features, accepted record types and still IPv4-only.
Standard User mixt
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 17-Sep-15 10:44:21
Print Post

I use HE name servers as secondaries. Very reliable, good company, and competent. Get a faster response from the technical people there (for a FREE service) than you do for some paid services; I had to contact them when .UK opened up middle of last year, and I wanted to a host a direct 2nd level TLD under .UK on their servers. Their systems wouldn't allow it (due to some regex pattern matching sanity checks they have, most likely) but they had the issue fixed in under 6 hours of me emailing them!

Standard User adsbenham
(newbie) Fri 23-Oct-15 18:13:41
Print Post

In reply to a post by therioman:

another +1 for that.

And another +1 from me.

Quick query if I may:

Using my AAISP-supplied TG582n on Zen. IPv6 works fine, except that the Internet interface is configured only with link-local addresses - i.e. Neighbour Discovery Protocol isn't assigning addresses and the default gateway, I'm presuming it's down to the firmware, and I guess it isn't worth worrying about.
Standard User David_W
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 24-Oct-15 10:06:52
Print Post

[re: adsbenham] [link to this post]

Your router should get an address for its Internet interface using SLAAC. If this isn't happening, it's worth checking that SLAAC is enabled and ICMPv6 is not blocked.

If you can't persuade SLAAC to work, you should be able to assign any address from your Zen allocated /64 statically.

Standard User adsbenham
(newbie) Thu 29-Oct-15 17:35:30
Print Post

[re: David_W] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by David_W:
Your router should get an address for its Internet interface using SLAAC. If this isn't happening, it's worth checking that SLAAC is enabled and ICMPv6 is not blocked.

I've just about proved to myself that the firmware on my TG582n isn't doing the right thing (I'm running
10.2.0.B). If I turn off the DHCPv6 client and then connect to the Internet, then PPP assigns link-local
addresses, and ND puts in a route for the /64 - but doesn't assign any addresses from that /64, and
doesn't assign a default route up that /64.
Once I start the DHCPv6 client, then I get the delegated prefix and the local network gets assigned a
SLAAC address, but the Internet port doesn't get a SLAAC address - it just has a link-local address.

I'm using the config from:
https://support.zen.co.uk/kb/Knowledgebase/Enabling-...

I'm a little suspicious of the command:

dhcp clientv6 ifconfig intf=Internet listenra=disabled raflagslifetime=1800 stateless=disabled rapidcommit=disabled leasetime=0 irt=86400 iana=1

but if I change to stateless=enabled then IPv6 routing fails.

I'm wondering if Zen supply different firmware on their TG582n routers ?
But then I have DANT-1 hardware, and I bet Zen supply DANT-T hardware:

{Administrator}=>:software version
Flash image: 8.4.4.19.0
Active SW: DANT1010.20B (10.2.0.B)
Passive SW: ------------ (A.2.0.B)

If you can't persuade SLAAC to work, you should be able to assign any address from your Zen allocated /64 statically.

Indeed.

Anyway, I guess the pragmatic solution is to ignore the problem - IPv6 works, just maybe not as intended.
My main concern is that if I upgrade to FTTC and Zen supply a TG589vn then will it have the same issue ?

Thanks for your help (both here and in another forum).
Andrew
Standard User David_W
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 29-Oct-15 18:43:27
Print Post

In reply to a post by adsbenham:
dhcp clientv6 ifconfig intf=Internet listenra=disabled raflagslifetime=1800 stateless=disabled rapidcommit=disabled leasetime=0 irt=86400 iana=1

A total guess, as I don't have that hardware - what happens with listenra=enabled?

Standard User adsbenham
(newbie) Thu 29-Oct-15 23:55:57
Print Post

A total guess, as I don't have that hardware - what happens with listenra=enabled?

I'll give it a try tomorrow. Actually when I wireshark the router start-up, I'm a little puzzled with the flags on the router advertisements being sent to me. I need to reread the RFCs - I wonder if the router is doing the right thing, but the advertisements are wrong ?

Something (not DHCPv6) *is* listening to the router advertisements, and adding a route into the routing table. Just it's not assigning any addresses and making it a gateway route - and there's nothing in the wireshark trace to provide that data.
Standard User adsbenham
(newbie) Fri 30-Oct-15 16:58:12
Print Post

Confused of LNWIN here....

If I have listenra=enabled then DHCPv6 doesn't give me the delegated prefix. I still don't
get addresses on the ND subnet, just the ND route.

Looks like any move away from stateless=disabled listenra=disabled means one doesn't get
the delegated prefix.

I think I'll just accept that it works, just not as intended. I might see if anyone else has a
TG582n working better - because it might be down to firmware.

Thanks for your help.
Andrew
Standard User David_W
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 01-Nov-15 00:01:48
Print Post

The link local addresses of your endpoint and the Zen gateway come from IPV6CP, which is part of PPP - it has nothing to do with RA.

The only way your router's WAN interface will be auto-allocated a globally routable IPv6 address from the /64 ZEN allocate to you is if the router listens to RA and acts on the advertisement of the /64 with the flags indicating auto allocation (SLAAC) is permitted.

Standard User adsbenham
(newbie) Sun 01-Nov-15 17:17:29
Print Post

The link local addresses of your endpoint and the Zen gateway come from IPV6CP, which is part of PPP - it has nothing to do with RA.

Indeed, I'm happy with that.

The only way your router's WAN interface will be auto-allocated a globally routable IPv6 address from the /64 ZEN allocate to you is if the router listens to RA and acts on the advertisement of the /64 with the flags indicating auto allocation (SLAAC) is permitted.

What I see at router startup with Wireshark is a RA from fe80::230:88ff:fe16:5eff (which is the Zen end of my PPP link):

Internet Control Message Protocol v6
    Type: Router Advertisement (134)
    Code: 0
    Checksum: 0x38c1 [correct]
    Cur hop limit: 64
    Flags: 0x40
        0... .... = Managed address configuration: Not set
        .1.. .... = Other configuration: Set
        ..0. .... = Home Agent: Not set
        ...0 0... = Prf (Default Router Preference): Medium (0)
        .... .0.. = Proxy: Not set
        .... ..0. = Reserved: 0
    Router lifetime (s): 1200
    Reachable time (ms): 0
    Retrans timer (ms): 0
    ICMPv6 Option (MTU : 1492)
        Type: MTU (5)
        Length: 1 (8 bytes)
        Reserved
        MTU: 1492
    ICMPv6 Option (Prefix information : 2a02:8011:d00b::/64)
        Type: Prefix information (3)
        Length: 4 (32 bytes)
        Prefix Length: 64
        Flag: 0xc0
            1... .... = On-link flag(L): Set
            .1.. .... = Autonomous address-configuration flag(A): Set
            ..0. .... = Router address flag(R): Not set
            ...0 0000 = Reserved: 0
        Valid Lifetime: 18000
        Preferred Lifetime: 1800
        Reserved
        Prefix: 2a02:8011:d00b:: (2a02:8011:d00b::)

So my (limited) understanding is that the A flag is saying that SLAAC is allowed (and I'm not sure if the R flag needs to be set to make that route a default route).
However my TG582n appears to listen to RA (despite having DHCPv6 to be configured with listenra=disabled) to the extent of configuring the route, but doesn't get itself a SLAAC address on that network:

:ip rtlist proto=ipv6 expand disabled 
Label                                          Destination Interface        Admin Oper   Mtr                                 Gateway
-----                                          ----------- ---------        ----- ----   ---                                 -------
      (Other routes redacted)                                 
                                       2a02:8011:d00b::/64 Internet         UP    UP       0
                                                      ::/0 Internet         UP    UP       0                fe80::230:88ff:fe16:5eff

:ip iplist proto ipv6
Flags legend: [P]referred  primar[Y]     [R]oute    [H]ost route  d[E]precated  [I]nvalid
              [T]entative  d[U]plicated  [A]nycast  auto[C]onf    [D]ynamic     [O]perational
                                     Prefix Interface        Type           Flags       
                                     ------ ---------        ----           -----       
    2a02:8011:XXXX:0:9e97:26ff:fe77:4cfa/64 LocalNetwork     Ethernet       ...H.....CDO
                        2a02:8011:XXXX::/64 LocalNetwork     Ethernet       ..RH....A.DO
               fe80::9e97:26ff:fe77:4cfa/64 LocalNetwork     Ethernet       ..RH......DO
               fe80::9e97:26ff:fe77:4cfa/64 mobilebroadban.. Serial         ..RH......DO
               fe80::9e97:26ff:fe77:4cfa/64 Internet         Serial         ..RH......DO
                                    ::1/128 loop             Internal       ..RH......DO
                                 fe80::1/64 loop             Internal       ..RH......DO

I'm presuming that listening to RA and getting the SLAAC address (and default route ?) should be happening before DHCPv6 starts up. In that case, my looking at DHCPv6 config is too late and I should be looking at IPv6 config itself.
My suspicion is that the firmware I'm running isn't capable of doing what's needed. I've had no replies to a posting on the Zen forum asking if anyone else is using a TG582n on Zen's IPv6 trial, so maybe I'm on to a loser here.

Once again, thanks for your help with this.
Andrew
Standard User adsbenham
(newbie) Sun 01-Nov-15 17:43:55
Print Post

"Bother", said Alice, as she looked at ip config:

:ip iflist intf=Internet expand=enabled
Interface                            Group  MTU   RX         TX         Admin  Oper
2   Internet. . . . . . . . . . . .  wan    1492  6358 KB    768 KB     UP     UP     
    Lower-Intf    : Internet_ppp                    
    Encapsoverhead: 32
    Flags         : PTP DYNAMIC LINKSENSING MULTICAST FORWARDING
    IPv4
       Flags         : NAT BOUND ADMINSTATE UP
       RX unicastpkts: 4379    brcastpkts : 0       mcastpkts : 39     
       TX unicastpkts: 4269    brcastpkts : 0       mcastpkts : 0       droppkts: 0      
       TX singlepkts: 2588    multiplepkts: 21     
    IPv6
       Flags         : ACCEPTRA BOUND ADMINSTATE UP
       curhoplimit : 64   dadtransmits : 1    retranstimer : 1000 ms
       RX unicastpkts: 5571    brcastpkts : 0       mcastpkts : 33      droppkts: 223    
       TX unicastpkts: 4201    brcastpkts : 0       mcastpkts : 5       droppkts: 0      
       TX singlepkts: 1319    multiplepkts: 12

A quick:
:ip ifconfig intf=Internet autoconf=enabled

and then
:ip iplist proto=ipv6               
Flags legend: [P]referred  primar[Y]     [R]oute    [H]ost route  d[E]precated  [I]nvalid
              [T]entative  d[U]plicated  [A]nycast  auto[C]onf    [D]ynamic     [O]perational
                                     Prefix Interface        Type           Flags       
                                     ------ ---------        ----           -----       
    2a02:8011:XXXX:0:9e97:26ff:fe77:4cfa/64 LocalNetwork     Ethernet       ...H.....CDO
                        2a02:8011:XXXX::/64 LocalNetwork     Ethernet       ..RH....A.DO
               fe80::9e97:26ff:fe77:4cfa/64 LocalNetwork     Ethernet       ..RH......DO
               fe80::9e97:26ff:fe77:4cfa/64 mobilebroadban.. Serial         ..RH......DO
>>> 2a02:8011:d00b:0:9e97:26ff:fe77:4cfa/64 Internet         Serial         ...H.....CDO <<<
               fe80::9e97:26ff:fe77:4cfa/64 Internet         Serial         ..RH......DO
                                    ::1/128 loop             Internal       ..RH......DO
                                 fe80::1/64 loop             Internal       ..RH......DO

Looks like Zen's instructions are missing this. I'll add a comment on their knowledgebase.

So, is this working as intended now ?

Andrew
Standard User mixt
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 09-Nov-15 13:44:42
Print Post

FYI, this needs to be addressed sooner rather than later, before moving on with full deployment to entire customer base. I have a Raspberry Pi and several other devices running MTAs (Postfix mostly) with publicly accessible IPv6 addresses only. Upon attempting to email my gmail account, I get this error from Google:

Text
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550-5.7.1 [2a02:8010:****::*] Our system has detected
    that this message does not 550-5.7.1 meet IPv6 sending guidelines regarding    PTR records and authentication 550-5.7.1 . Please review 550-5.7.1
    https://support.google.com/mail/?p=ipv6_authentication_error for more 550    5.7.1 information. p9si15563558wjz.177 - gsmtp

Valid TXT records already present but the reverse DNS PTR records are the main thing breaking this at the moment.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to