User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Sat 01-Jun-19 03:04:32
Print Post

Re: Rejected mail

[re: Pipexer] [link to this post]

SRS can fix most of the Forwarding issues, but can also cause new ones.

Also with DMARC you can have it send reports for the day before of passed and failed emails arriving at the other mail services, this can be handy when setting up.

Paul

BTBroadband - Ultrafast Fibre 2 Plus + FVA
Exchange Name: Ilford Central (LNILC) Cabinet: 24
TBB Speedtest IPv4 | TBB Speedtest IPv6 | Ookla Speedtest (Single Threaded) | Linksys WRT 3200 ACM (BQM)
Standard User ronjohnreid
(newbie) Mon 03-Jun-19 10:12:10
Print Post

[re: Pipexer] [link to this post]

The fault is with you for forwarding email, I am afraid.

Thanks - it usually is.
It's just that this has worked well for years and now sudddenly goes wrong.

It will be a lot of work for me if I migrate the domain but may have to be faced. What I would need to be sure of though is if I do migrate to Zen as the domian host and keep my email service there that this particular problem will be removed.

Can anyone assure me that tis should be the case?

Regards
Standard User Sandgrounder
(knowledge is power) Mon 03-Jun-19 10:51:48
Print Post

[re: ronjohnreid] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ronjohnreid:
It's just that this has worked well for years and now sudddenly goes wrong.
Just what happened with me.

What I would need to be sure of though is if I do migrate to Zen as the domain host and keep my email service there that this particular problem will be removed. Can anyone assure me that this should be the case?
No. But I can tell you that it worked for me with two domains.

Line One:- Zen Fibre 1 - DrayTek Vigor 2860ac
Line Two:- Andrews and Arnold - DrayTek Vigor 130 Modem
Mobile:- EE PAYG - TP-Link Archer MR200

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ronjohnreid
(newbie) Mon 03-Jun-19 15:57:25
Print Post

[re: Sandgrounder] [link to this post]

Thanks

I'll bite the bullet and try doing it when I have a couple of clear days

Ron
Standard User caffn8me
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 04-Jun-19 16:32:07
Print Post

[re: ronjohnreid] [link to this post]

Just to clarify

Zen provides my email service and I send through Zen SMTP

I use a tld (*.org) originally registered with netnames many years ago and later taken over by speednames.uk

This is used to provide multiple email addresses ([email protected]*.org etc) which redirect to Zen

Some emails are rejected by Zen, others not. By their nature, it is not possible to know the proportion rejected.
Speednames hosts email as well as just forwarding it. Why not host email fully on Speednames rather than forwarding to Zen accounts? I suppose it may be a question of cost.

Sarah

--
If I can't drink my bowl of coffee three times daily, then in my torment, I will shrivel up like a piece of roast goat

Spiders on coffee - Badass spiders on drugs
Standard User PhilipD
(experienced) Tue 04-Jun-19 16:46:12
Print Post

[re: caffn8me] [link to this post]

Hi

It is not the hosting that is the problem.

The domain owner needs to set up an SPF record to say which servers can legitimately send email for that domain, simple as that. https://postmarkapp.com/guides/spf

You can move the domain or change servers all you like, but until the person who administers the domain adds a SPF TXT record, nothing changes, as emails still leave with no SPF in place and so will more likely got flagged as SPAM.

Regards

Phil
Standard User caffn8me
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 04-Jun-19 17:21:12
Print Post

[re: PhilipD] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by PhilipD:
It is not the hosting that is the problem.

The domain owner needs to set up an SPF record to say which servers can legitimately send email for that domain, simple as that. https://postmarkapp.com/guides/spf

You can move the domain or change servers all you like, but until the person who administers the domain adds a SPF TXT record, nothing changes, as emails still leave with no SPF in place and so will more likely got flagged as SPAM.
With all due respect, you've misinterpreted the problem. The problem that the OP has is with incoming email from external domains he does not own because it is forwarded to his Zen email account from speednames.uk (the MX hosts for his domain).

Speednames.uk isn't using Sender Rewriting Scheme so emails forwarded to the Zen account have server headers which don't match the originating domain's SPF record. Zen quite correctly rejects these if the originating domain has a DMARC record requiring this - which is, in my opinion, good practice.

So, yes, it's a hosting problem. If the MX host (speednames.uk) is the same as the IMAP/POP3/Webmail host where the email is picked up from, then there's no forwarding and nothing breaks SPF/DMARC policy.

Sarah

--
If I can't drink my bowl of coffee three times daily, then in my torment, I will shrivel up like a piece of roast goat

Standard User caffn8me
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 04-Jun-19 17:32:50
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by PaulKirby:
SRS can fix most of the Forwarding issues, but can also cause new ones.
I agree entirely. It's best to avoid forwarding these days if at all possible.

Sarah

--

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to