User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User MrDoom
(committed) Mon 11-Nov-19 00:49:46
Print Post

g.fast modem

[link to this post]

Hi,

I'm looking to get a g.fast line from Zen, and I was wondering if anyone knew what modem equipment would be provided for this?

As I understand it, the FRITZ!Box that's currently used by Zen isn't g.fast compatible, which means I'd be reliant on what the BT Openreach engineer decided to install.

I would hope that's just a standard Openreach modem, but I've also heard stories of people being given a HomeHub instead. I'm planning to use this line with an AmpliFi HD set-up, so I really don't want a HomeHub!

I tried asking this question to Zen CS a few months back and got a terrible non-answer to my question, so I thought I'd ask actual customers instead smile

Thanks!

ZeN Pro
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 11-Nov-19 09:44:25
Print Post

Re: g.fast modem

[re: MrDoom] [link to this post]

You should only get a HomeHub if you are a BT customer. and as the majority of G.fast customers are with BT thats why you have heard this

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User stephengw
(newbie) Tue 12-Nov-19 22:48:10
Print Post

Re: g.fast modem

[re: MrDoom] [link to this post]

I got the standard Openreach Huawei modem. The Fritzbox, while a good router, has never been installed. I use a Netgear Orbi system, so it was out with the old Huawei VDSL modem and in with the new G.fast one.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to