User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User lwis
(newbie) Fri 14-Feb-20 08:33:18
Print Post

Moving home, what happens?

[link to this post]

I'm moving to a new build that I've been told is only serviced by OFNL, so we don't have a traditional phone line entering the property, only fibre and an ONT - I've been told any phone services avaliable use the fibre connection (VoIP?).

I'm a happy customer of Zen at the moment at my current property, and would like to transfer the service to my new property, but Zen aren't part of the OFNL network and I can't work out how they will be able to provide services to my new property.

What happens in this situation? If Zen are unable to transfer my service to my new property will I be stuck with a £250 termination fee (based on there being 7 months left of my current service)?
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 14-Feb-20 11:47:34
Print Post

Re: Moving home, what happens?

[re: lwis] [link to this post]

It looks like Zen should be able to set up a deal with them if they think it's worth the bother. For instance I see IDNet already have done.

Have you asked Zen management, as opposed to first line support?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
"Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people." Oscar Wilde
Standard User lwis
(newbie) Fri 14-Feb-20 11:55:00
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thanks, I contacted their support team but they haven't been much help (told me that they can provide by Openreach, which I can't see happening).

How would I get in contact with Zen management?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative ajays
(isp) Fri 14-Feb-20 12:28:40
Print Post

If you PM me your details (including new address) I'll check exactly what we can provide. It would be quite unusual for a new development to have zero Openreach access.

-------------------------------------------------------
Andrew
ZeN Internet
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 14-Feb-20 12:42:49
Print Post

[re: ajays] [link to this post]

It's becoming more and more common Andrew, with competition signing up developers.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
"Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people." Oscar Wilde
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 14-Feb-20 12:45:28
Print Post

I drafted this before Andrew replied to you, but still posting it in case he cannot help smile.

The nearest I can find is Richard Tang, but he is now the Chairman. Paul Stobart is the CEO, but I can't find his Zen address.

I have just messaged the editor of ceoemail.com with a correction.

I suggest emailing Tang and asking him about the possibility of them signing up with OFNL. No doubt it will end up in the right place.

Standard User No_One
(committed) Fri 14-Feb-20 18:15:49
Print Post

A couple of new estates new me are the same. We had a look around a couple of years ago and were told that phone and broadband is provided exclusively by a company called See The Light. So your only option is to use them or to have no connection. It's possible the openreach could deploy in the area once the roads have been adopted by the local authorities. No guarantee though
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 15-Feb-20 12:26:45
Print Post

+1

Standard User rcranswick
(member) Sat 15-Feb-20 14:39:48
Print Post

Hi,