User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User BlueCanary
(newbie) Mon 24-Aug-20 16:40:35
Print Post

"Old" Vs "New" pricing

[link to this post]

Hi Guys,
I've been on Zen's (old) Tier 3 - "Unlimited Full Fibre 3" for 2 years now, paying £50 a month for 145/30Mb which I always thought was a bit on the expensive side but it has been very reliable to be fair.

With the change of pricing, I now sit in between the 100Mb and 500Mb packages. The thing is, at £50/month, I seem to be paying close to the 500Mb package but getting speeds nearer the 100Mb package.

Anyone else in the same boat? Spoken to Zen about it? Did they offer any sort of deal?

Cheers.
Standard User BlueCanary
(newbie) Tue 01-Sep-20 12:25:30
Print Post

Re: "Old" Vs "New" pricing

[re: BlueCanary] [link to this post]

Just me then? smile
Standard User flilot
(regular) Tue 01-Sep-20 13:01:08
Print Post

I imagine Zen would be happy to re-contract you at a different price, or, if you wished to regrade to a different speed you'd be on a different monthly cost, too.

Only way to be sure is give them a call and ask. I'd usually say "or e-mail" too, but they seem to be hippopotamus-wading-through-treacle slow at responding to e-mails at present. The customer service side of Zen does seem to have slipped of late.

Carl

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User hermzeap
(newbie) Tue 01-Sep-20 15:22:48
Print Post

I'm in the same position. I am currently on a legacy full fibre 3 with a copper phone line (which I still need for a home alarm system) for £52 per month. I could drop down to full fibre 100 but this would only save a £2 per month and with significantly lower speeds. The other option is to upgrade to full fibre 500 - with copper phone line rental this would cost £65 per month.

I've talked to Zen sales support and Zen now only offer full fibre 300 to those customers who are unable to get higher speeds (presumably older FTTP connections) which they sell for almost the same monthly cost as full fibre 500.

I'm waiting for Zen to offer residential VOIP and upgrade my home alarm so that I can terminate my copper line rental and upgrade to full fibre 500 (£55 per month)
Standard User ukwiz
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 02-Sep-20 14:23:28
Print Post

[re: flilot] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by flilot:
Only way to be sure is give them a call and ask. I'd usually say "or e-mail" too, but they seem to be hippopotamus-wading-through-treacle slow at responding to e-mails at present. The customer service side of Zen does seem to have slipped of late.

Zen have never been good about answering emails

David

BT (poor) -> Zen (excellent) -> O2 (started well, went downhill -> IDNet (No complaints - but 100GB cap) -> Zen (gone downhill)
Standard User flilot
(regular) Wed 02-Sep-20 16:17:14
Print Post

[re: ukwiz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ukwiz:
Zen have never been good about answering emails

I wouldn't say "never". Having used them on and off since the early 2000s, and known other people/companies that have used them since that time period, their e-mail support WAS fast, reliable and highly knowledgable.

Carl
(experienced) Fri 04-Sep-20 17:24:40
Print Post

Not sure if this helps at all.

Was on the old Full Fibre 1 since Jan 2018 and put it up to 2 in Narch (76 down/18 up) in March when I started working from home.

As it was the same price I'd have thought I might have been regraded automatically but alas no.

Phoned today and had to recontract for 18 months again and pay a regrade fee of a tenner..

The guy was very pleasant and helpful so I didn't give him any grief but I have queried the regrade fee with Customer Services as I've been with them six years and it's hardly major work for Openreach.

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen => Freeola => Vivaciti (using O2 Wholesale DSL) => Xilo (C&W Wholesale) => Xilo (O2 Wholesale) => Xilo (TT Wholesale due to O2 Wholesale closure) => Zen LLU =>> ZeN FTTP (76 Mbps down, 18 Mbps up)
Router: Fritzbox 7530

Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.
Standard User BlueCanary
(newbie) Mon 15-Feb-21 13:05:42
Print Post

[re: techguy] [link to this post]

An update on this ones folks.
In January, Zen added a 300MB tier priced at £49 so I've opted for that one.

Also of note is that the 900MB package has dropped quite significantly from £75 to £62 a a month. smile

BC.
Standard User Woolwich
(experienced) Mon 15-Feb-21 14:53:32
Print Post

In reply to a post by BlueCanary:
Also of note is that the 900MB package has dropped quite significantly from £75 to £62 a a month. smile

Only £40 in CityFibre areas plus comes with 900 up too.
Standard User BlueCanary
(newbie) Mon 15-Feb-21 15:06:41
Print Post

[re: Woolwich] [link to this post]

That's a great price for that speed, but as it's not available in my area, it might as well be a quid a month.

BC.
  Print Thread

Jump to