User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User john7
(member) Tue 22-Sep-20 17:47:04
Print Post

Looking to move to Zen but no replys to e-mails

[link to this post]

I am looking to move from my existing ISP after a lot of problems with understanding I had been transferred onto 80/20 (including 2 e-mails actually confirming I was) only to find they couldn’t supply it so started capping me. One result is they have agreed to allow us to keep the existing e-mail accounts (at least until we find no further need for them). But Zen my preferred ISP is like many others not replying to even basic queries let alone the issue of how I will be able to have 2 e-mail accounts which may need the same ports. Does anyone know how this might be done?
The second query is I use a Asus Wi-Fi network with a Vigor 130 modem. Can be reconfigured do will I be best off using the device Zen supply but changing it into a modem (but how?)?
Standard User ashdown
(learned) Tue 22-Sep-20 21:02:44
Print Post

Re: Looking to move to Zen but no replys to e-mails

[re: john7] [link to this post]

There should be no difficulty in using two email accounts at the same time. The detail depends on what software you use to read email but there won't be any conflict with ports. However, it's generally considered to be good practice to use one of the ISP-independent services for email to avoid this sort of issue when changing ISP.

Your Asus WiFi system with a Vigor 130 modem is entirely compatible with service from Zen. They will supply a free FritzBox modem-router-WiFi box, whch is one of the better devices of this sort, but there's no need to use it if you're happy with your current hardware.
Standard User john7
(member) Tue 22-Sep-20 21:25:16
Print Post

[re: ashdown] [link to this post]

Many thanks, yes I know its better to have a separate e-mail provider, but what we have is only the 2nd one in over 20 years (Telewest the first). We use Outlook for e-mails so I know it can be setup for multiple accounts .

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User flilot
(regular) Wed 23-Sep-20 15:41:47
Print Post

[re: john7] [link to this post]

Are your existing e-mail accounts with your current ISP? If so, you may want to triple check that when you migrate away from them to another provider that they won't cease the e-mail accounts too. Also, sometimes the losing provider will let you keep access to your e-mail accounts but charge you a fee for the privilege. Just something to bear in mind.

Carl

Jump to