User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User RST
(committed) Tue 03-Nov-20 21:50:46
Print Post

Multiple IP still available?

[link to this post]

Hi,

I’m looking at moving back to Zen do they still offer Multiple IP’s looking for a block of 8?

Also noticed I can’t order online just tells me to call, is that normal or is there an issue with my line/address?

Thanks

Dave

RST

ZeN Fibre Unlimited 2 & EE Unlimited Fibre
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 04-Nov-20 03:39:35
Print Post

Re: Multiple IP still available?

[re: RST] [link to this post]

There is a world shortage of IPv4 addresses. They have run out, with some providers having a stock and others with big problems.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connections: OnePlus 8 Pro max 165Mbps down, 24Mbps up on Three, and B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
========================
Experience shows us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking together in the same direction.
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
Standard User prlzx
(experienced) Wed 04-Nov-20 09:01:08
Print Post

Re: Multiple IP still available?

[re: RST] [link to this post]

This page suggests you can still order additional IP addresses in blocks for a monthly admin fee (single fixed IPv4 as standard).

Note that you'll also receive a delegation of globally routeable IPv6 addresses without additional cost, which can be used on network(s) behind your Fritzbox (supplied by Zen, or if you substitute your own compatible router).

In general regardless of UK provider you would be asked to justify larger IPv4 ranges via a RIPE form including your efforts towards efficient use of address space and transition, though that might only apply for more than a /29.

prlzx on Zen: FTTC (VDSL) at ~40Mbps / 10Mbps
with IP4/6 (no v6? - not true Internet)

Edited by prlzx (Wed 04-Nov-20 09:02:57)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to