User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Bamster
(regular) Wed 03-Mar-21 13:03:19
Print Post

Moving to Zen..

[link to this post]

Just a quick question.

I'm moving to Zen later this month (Fibre 300). Our current landline is bundled with our outgoing Sky Broadband. Whats the advice here regards landline. We hardly use it, so personally I wouldn't bother, but the other half thinks she may still need it. Is VoiP a better solution? Based on a quick look on the interwebs, landline costs seem very high, whereas VoiP seems much cheaper. Anyone here been through the same, or have some insight in options?

Many thanks

Sky FTC
Standard User tboorman
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 03-Mar-21 14:40:30
Print Post

Re: Moving to Zen..

[re: Bamster] [link to this post]

Zen can provide traditional phone line rental if you still want it, or you can opt for their Digital Voice VoIP offering instead. BT intend to phase out traditional phone lines by 2025 though.
Standard User timandhaylea
(newbie) Wed 03-Mar-21 16:10:52
Print Post

[re: Bamster] [link to this post]

VoIP is the way to go - looking at Zen's pricing, if you are not using the landline that much, then you may want to consider one of the other VoIP companies that don't have inclusive minutes.
I'm with Zen (on FTTC), so still have a standard landline for the house, but am using a AAISP VoIP service for my work phone.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Peterdevon
(newbie) Wed 03-Mar-21 18:12:16
Print Post

[re: timandhaylea] [link to this post]

Sipgate do it for free with no inclusive minutes and you can port your number
Standard User Bamster
(regular) Fri 05-Mar-21 09:48:36
Print Post

[re: Peterdevon] [link to this post]

Thank for the replies. Think we'll suck it and see, and if needed, move to VoiP.

Sky FTC
  Print Thread

Jump to