User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User lelboy
(member) Sat 18-Feb-12 10:31:25
Print Post

Re: Why upgrade Home Hub ?

[re: MrGrumpy] [link to this post]

Hmm, personal experience, of course, but I have to say that the kit provided by BT - HH3 & router - have worked perfectly well for me during the year I've been a BT Infinity customer. Not had any overheating problems, nor any other sort of problem.
I would, though, say that whlist the Infinity service itself is absolutely fine , my dealing with BT admin - mainly via India, but not always - has been terrible. So many cock-ups regarding phone number allocation, billing issues and complete unreliabilty when it comes to implementing agreed work, make me glad that I don't have to chase them for BB related issues themselves. Cheers, Les.
Standard User GerryCornell
(regular) Sun 19-Feb-12 13:47:54
Print Post

[re: lelboy] [link to this post]

My first Home Hub 3 failed miserably but the second has worked fine. It does generate some kind of electrical field which interferes with signal from keyboard and mouse to the transponder in the USB port. Moving the Hub seems to have largely resolved the problem.

As another has said BT Admin performance is dismal both on the residential and commercial sides of BT. My vote would go for a change to small local call centres with more multi skilled staff. The service falls down because it relies on messages going from one to another. One person dealing with a task is always going to be better than many people processing a single task.

Regards,

Gerry
Standard User meteosat
(member) Tue 21-Feb-12 10:23:55
Print Post

[re: stniuk] [link to this post]

The BIG bad thing about the HH3 is the problem with port-forwarding - apart from the problems in setting it up for devices like web cams etc. It doesn't do loop-back so the only way you can test it out is to go somewhere else and check the URL through their connection. No firmware update promised.

Am looking for a different hub.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User shtu
(experienced) Tue 21-Feb-12 13:04:31
Print Post

[re: meteosat] [link to this post]

What I tend to use for that situation is

http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/
Standard User spranglebolt
(member) Wed 22-Feb-12 09:39:52
Print Post

[re: db7] [link to this post]

I don't pretend to understand the techie stuff you guys are posting here.

All I can say is that, my HH2 having given up the ghost, I contacted BT and a decent bloke in the subcontinent immediately arranged to replace with HH3. It arrived the next working day and set-up was easypeasy - even for me. As yet I haven't noticed any difference in performance, up or down.

I've had frustration with support in the past, but this bloke was attentive and polite - even ringing back to check it had arrived. I guess it depnds who you speak to.

Whatsever happened to those 2nd level btcare folk in Belfast?
Standard User Alnath
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 22-Feb-12 10:37:59
Print Post

My HH3 (B) has been nothing other than brilliant, since November its not missed a beat, Ive been through some routers in the last 10 years and the HH3 is the best one i have had providing you only want the basic functions. Wireless range is impressive and the channel switching (should you use it) works miles quicker than on a "normal" router in auto.

However on mine BT Fon has activated on its own and i cant get it off, not even a phone call got them to send the signal to shut it off and a reset no longer seems to work. For this reason alone i am now looking in to alternatives which obviously wont broadcast Fon.
Standard User spranglebolt
(member) Wed 22-Feb-12 17:40:36
Print Post

[re: Alnath] [link to this post]

Thanks Alnath. I now see that I too have been fon enabled by default, and will take all steps to disable.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Wed 22-Feb-12 19:58:21
Print Post

[re: spranglebolt] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by spranglebolt:
Thanks Alnath. I now see that I too have been fon enabled by default, and will take all steps to disable.
Why? Don't you use BT Openzone, or do you regularly have neighbours slowing you down?

______________________________________________________________________________. __________________
Standard User Alnath
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 22-Feb-12 22:17:44
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

We all have unlimited data on our mobile phones mate. Although using inSSIDer the next to stongest networks to my own network all are home hubs broadcasting fon etc.
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Thu 23-Feb-12 08:23:34
Print Post

One of the benefits I can see, is that the HH3 does both ADSL and VDSL, so no need for the the ISP to replace, FOC if and when, it's punters go to it's Infinity service.

It's got a gig lan port as well, handy for moving big files around internally.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to