General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 17-Dec-10 14:43:44
Print Post

Re: BT Availability Checker

[re: meditator] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by meditator:
Could it be that the BT Checker website has been inlfiltrated by a virus and that someone, or some organisation, is merely having a laugh at our expense?
BT?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - O2 Standard.
Standard User WWWombat
(newbie) Fri 17-Dec-10 17:15:29
Print Post

[re: seank1990] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by seank1990:
now says i will have it on the 3rd of January 2011

That is apparently good news... A date of the end of the month is likely to be a rough placeholder, when they're not quite sure when it will be ready.

But a specific date that isn't the end of the month *is* likely to be the real date.

That's what I'd heard, and I hope I'm not talking spherical-shaped objects.

Edited by WWWombat (Fri 17-Dec-10 17:16:40)

Standard User Squirrel
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 17-Dec-10 18:04:25
Print Post

[re: ffox] [link to this post]

Mine has changed from Dec 31 to Jan 15 so only an extra couple of weeks

Ian Stirling

O2 Broadband Standard

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Zadeks
(regular) Fri 17-Dec-10 18:12:20
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

Good news. My cabinet is now "live" again. Zen have confirmed the install date as the 31st December. I can't wait!

I have also received the "good news, Infinity is now in your area" email from BT. I hope you're able to order soon!
Standard User CHELSEACFC
(newbie) Fri 17-Dec-10 18:36:33
Print Post

[re: seank1990] [link to this post]

Well mine has suddenly today changed to 30th March 2011 from 31st Dec 2010 but Putney Exchange is supposely LIVE now? BT are a total joke!
Standard User seank1990
(newbie) Fri 17-Dec-10 19:22:06
Print Post

[re: Squirrel] [link to this post]

Mine was one of the first boxes to be complete box number 9 in my town of Droitwich and my date is now set for 3rd January but i have checked about 8 other numbers all connected to different cabinets and they all seem to still have a date of 31st December and some say that they will not be getting it is that Good news for me to have such a specific date of 3rd January i hope so
Standard User olisun
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 17-Dec-10 21:23:15
Print Post

[re: CHELSEACFC] [link to this post]

I have tried the BT wholesale checker as well as the Infinity site and the results never returned anything back in relation to FTTC...
Standard User CHELSEACFC
(newbie) Mon 20-Dec-10 11:09:51
Print Post

I would like to know why my cabinet orignally was planned to have FTTC on 31st Sept 2010, then changed to 31st Dec, and now is 30th March 2011 6 months late??

Edited by CHELSEACFC (Mon 20-Dec-10 11:40:01)

Standard User WWWombat
(newbie) Mon 20-Dec-10 12:40:36
Print Post

In reply to a post by CHELSEACFC:
I would like to know why my cabinet orignally was planned to have FTTC on 31st Sept 2010, then changed to 31st Dec, and now is 30th March 2011 6 months late??
Because BT's engineers are too lazy, and their management don't make them do any work!

Or perhaps (and rather more likely) they've encountered problems, and can't do your exchange and/or cabinet as easily or as quickly as they originally thought. Maybe it is the ducting, power, planning, council, or something totally unexpected. Perhaps the engineers had to divert to some emergency work. Perhaps the initial cabinets have shown some problem.

Remember when BT ran their recent FTTP pilot, them came out of that having only reached 2/3 of their target because of the physical problems in getting fibre installed to the other 1/3.

It isn't always plain sailing, and it isn't always BT's fault, and even less likely to be the installation engineers fault either...

Just hope that they don't decide the problems can't be overcome, and take away the planned date totally!

It's hard to accept, but patience is definitely needed.

(PS. In case it isn't obvious, the first answer above is irony. I know it isn't true...)
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 20-Dec-10 12:49:24
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

Chaps can I ask where exactly you are all getting the information on your specific cabinets being enabled/going to be enabled? Is there some sort of cab checker?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to