General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 20-Apr-12 23:26:24
Print Post

Re: Upload Stuck?

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

On a call with the level2 tech support yesterday I was told there is a 10 day test of your profile from your exchange. I was told because i was upgrading from the original infinity product i would not notice much difference in speed until after the 10 days were up.

If this is true it would explain why so many people arent seeing much improvement in speeds after upgrading (i ordered it the first day it came out - last thursday - and level2 told me it will take until monday 23rd april before my new speeds take effect).

Maybe this should be explained properly to upgraders if it is true! I will believe it when i see it. Still getting just 6.7meg up instead of 13 i was promised. Roll on next week
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 20-Apr-12 23:59:47
Print Post

Garbage.

It may be true that BT Wholesale do something like that, but they shouldn't. Your line is governed by the Openreach DLM, which doesn't do that. Period.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standard User kasg
(experienced) Sat 21-Apr-12 08:35:24
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
On a call with the level2 tech support yesterday I was told there is a 10 day test of your profile from your exchange. I was told because i was upgrading from the original infinity product i would not notice much difference in speed until after the 10 days were up.

If this is true it would explain why so many people arent seeing much improvement in speeds after upgrading (i ordered it the first day it came out - last thursday - and level2 told me it will take until monday 23rd april before my new speeds take effect).

Maybe this should be explained properly to upgraders if it is true! I will believe it when i see it. Still getting just 6.7meg up instead of 13 i was promised. Roll on next week

When I changed from 40/2 to 80/20 (trial, admittedly) on Plusnet it happened instantly overnight, I didn't even have to reboot/disconnect anything. I think what they are telling you is nonsense; it's the same product (Openreach FTTC) being sold by someone else.

BTW, I don't think you were "promised" 13 up, ISPs are very careful not to "promise" anything!

Kevin

plusnet Extra 80/20 trial
Using OpenDNS

Edited by kasg (Sat 21-Apr-12 08:39:07)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 22-Apr-12 17:57:09
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

OK, so what are my options if the speed doesnt increase tomorrow to 54/13?

I would just like to add that in 'MyBT' account on BTs website - the speed is still reported as 38/9 as the product that i am on. Interestingly the level2 India support said it wont change status on MyBT until the 23rd when my upgrade takes effect.

Can you explain why the account says i am still on the old option 2 if the level2 support are wrong? Surely if the upgrade was 'immediate' then the MyBT account setting would have also changed by now? Maybe BT Retail have a different procedure than plusnet?

So what are my options? Just take it on the chin?
Standard User kasg
(experienced) Sun 22-Apr-12 18:10:30
Print Post

Well I'm sorry but I don't understand the vagaries of BT's procedures so you might as well wait and see what happens.

By the way it would be really really REALLY useful if you would register an account and log in, it's a pain keeping track of anonymous postings.

Kevin

Using OpenDNS
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 22-Apr-12 19:03:45
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

And it's a darn sight easier for them to post as well once registered as they don't have to do capchas.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standard User Scoot
(member) Wed 02-May-12 15:53:06
Print Post

[re: Scoot] [link to this post]

Well well over 10 days since my approach to BT Care and my line is still not uploading higher than 10mb despite a good sync rate and IP profile of 20000.

Now the fake 10 day training period has expired I will be contacting BT again, wonder whats up with it?
Standard User kasg
(experienced) Wed 02-May-12 17:01:47
Print Post

In reply to a post by Scoot:
Now the fake 10 day training period has expired I will be contacting BT again, wonder whats up with it?

Ah, didn't you know about the second 10-day training period? wink

Kevin

Using OpenDNS
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 03-May-12 23:35:23
Print Post

Did you resolve this ?
Standard User Scoot
(member) Mon 07-May-12 15:22:48
Print Post

Not yet, BT Care did ring me back but I was not available to pick up and I havent contacted them back yet. Im still what seems to be throttled at 9mb/s even tho my sync rate is 20.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to