General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User zag164
(learned) Wed 23-Sep-20 21:04:10
Print Post

Re: Sky FTTP Unavailable

[re: unknown101] [link to this post]

Looks like Sky have realised they are facing some delivery issues. Ultrafast fibre is now harder to find from their home page and their availability checker has been updated so that if Ultrafast is not available, it is not even displayed in the results (previously Ultrafast was displayed but marked as unavailable).
Standard User Highland76
(member) Wed 23-Sep-20 21:18:16
Print Post

[re: zag164] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by zag164:
Looks like Sky have realised they are facing some delivery issues. Ultrafast fibre is now harder to find from their home page and their availability checker has been updated so that if Ultrafast is not available, it is not even displayed in the results (previously Ultrafast was displayed but marked as unavailable).

No issues here. If I go to:

https://www.sky.com/shop/broadband-talk/

I click on 'get started', type in my postcode & select address, i get this:

https://postimg.cc/hX4KjZ6C

TalkTalk Business Full Fibre 900 -- Netgear RAX200

My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by Highland76 (Wed 23-Sep-20 21:21:08)

Standard User burble
(committed) Wed 23-Sep-20 23:05:07
Print Post

[re: Highland76] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Highland76:
In reply to a post by zag164:

No issues here. If I go to:

https://www.sky.com/shop/broadband-talk/

I click on 'get started', type in my postcode & select address, i get this:

https://postimg.cc/hX4KjZ6C

My address shows 'superfast' and 'ultrafast' with prices, but 'essential' shows with no price, and highlighting it gives the detail that it is not available at my address, I believe this is because 'superfast' and 'ultrafast' are delivered as FTTP and will hit max speeds, but 'essential' would be very slow due to line length and they ain't interested.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Michael_Chare
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 24-Sep-20 00:19:38
Print Post

[re: burble] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by burble:
My address shows 'superfast' and 'ultrafast' with prices, but 'essential' shows with no price, and highlighting it gives the detail that it is not available at my address, I believe this is because 'superfast' and 'ultrafast' are delivered as FTTP and will hit max speeds, but 'essential' would be very slow due to line length and they ain't interested.
I get the same as you at an address which has FTTC but not FTTP. I suspect this is because the local exchange does not have any Sky ADSL LLU equipment.

Michael Chare
Standard User Highland76
(member) Thu 24-Sep-20 02:29:59
Print Post

[re: burble] [link to this post]

But I thought Sky only offered 1 tier of FTTP , Ultrafast 160/30?

Edit: It seems Sky offer FTTP 80/20 as well (Superfast) because checking a FTTP only property near me @ IV2 6ED offers both Ultrafast & Superfast but not Essentials.

TalkTalk Business Full Fibre 900 -- Netgear RAX200

My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by Highland76 (Thu 24-Sep-20 02:44:05)

Standard User simon194
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 24-Sep-20 08:12:23
Print Post

[re: Michael_Chare] [link to this post]

I get the same as well at my address which has FTTC and no FTTP but I know ADSL with Sky is available because I was on it while I was waiting for FTTC to become available.

I think Sky are no longer making Essntials available in areas that have fibre.

There was a guy on the Sky Community forum yesterday wanting to switch to Sky but on ADSL because he said he doesn't need fibre and was moaning that Sky wasn't offering ADSL to him.
Standard User burble
(committed) Thu 24-Sep-20 08:31:59
Print Post

[re: simon194] [link to this post]

Sky ADSL is (or was) available from my local exchange, but AFAIK Sky policy now is not to offer a product if the predicted speeds are low as it affects their stats. Technically from my address I could have ADSL, FTTC, or FTTP, Sky only offer FTTP as the others are poor speed.
Standard User speedyrite
(member) Thu 24-Sep-20 12:04:59
Print Post

[re: Highland76] [link to this post]

It seems that, as well as bviaFTTP, Sky Ultrafast can also be delivered via FTTC G.Fast - that’s the case for my address where FTTP is not available (except via FTTPoD) but I can have Sky Ultrafast 160/30 if I want it
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to