General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Rastus
(experienced) Fri 02-Oct-20 14:03:19
Print Post

Re: Full FTTP go live

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by adslmax:
... it shouldn't called full fibre. ...

It would have been better if VDSL had never been referred to as 'fibre', that way we wouldn't have millions of people thinking they had a fibre connection, and BT would not need to call FTTP 'full fibre'.

FTTP 80/20 Mbps

Edited by Rastus (Fri 02-Oct-20 14:04:58)

Standard User Ancient_Mariner
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 02-Oct-20 18:17:05
Print Post

[re: Rastus] [link to this post]

+ 1

To be honest, I am surprised how the ASA allows BT (and any others using a similar name) to get away with it.

In a similar vein, the Welsh Government some years back ran a fibre from Manchester to Bangor (north Wales) This apparently to put businesses on the route onto a high speed service. The two local nodes to me are at Ewloe and also adjacent to the airfield at Airbus in Broughtion. Then instead of a local fibre link, it is via a microwave link to nearby buildings...

Cheers!

Clive

Andrews & Arnold Home::1 FTTC DrayTek Vigor 2762ac Cisco SPA112 and HUAWEI E5776 with O2 Data SIM
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Sat 03-Oct-20 07:14:31
Print Post

In my view Full Fibre should be 330/500/900 end of! I disagree with Full Fibre for 40/50/80/100 as it will be very easy confused thinking it coming from FTTC or even G.fast.

The terms Full Fibre / FTTP has nothing to do with speed and shouldn't be referred to as one, it's just a name of the technology / medium it uses.

But I agree they "could" add technology tags (ADSL, FTTC, G.fast, FTTP etc) to each of their packages to say what technologies they can provide that over, but no matter how or what they do people will still get confused or complain about it.

Paul

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Sat 03-Oct-20 09:00:26
Print Post

[re: Rastus] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Rastus:
... it shouldn't called full fibre. ...

It would have been better if VDSL had never been referred to as 'fibre', that way we wouldn't have millions of people thinking they had a fibre connection, and BT would not need to call FTTP 'full fibre'.

Maybe call ADSL FTTE (Fibre to the Exchange) LOL

Paul

Standard User kommando
(regular) Sat 03-Oct-20 09:05:36
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

When I had ADSL it was best referred to as Only Works On Sunny Days.
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Sat 03-Oct-20 09:08:20
Print Post

[re: kommando] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by kommando:
When I had ADSL it was best referred to as Only Works On Sunny Days.

This is true LOL
Ours only worked when it wasn't raining or windy, so the connection was up and down all of the time.

Paul

Standard User CarlTSpeak
(committed) Tue 06-Oct-20 11:32:21
Print Post

First FTTP goes live for Cuckoo Oak showing full fibre FTTP 1000/220 for Cabinet 7 & 9

My parents will getting FTTP soon.

https://ibb.co/fn042g2 for cabinet 9
https://ibb.co/ZgdVHVJ for cabinet 7

I can't seem to find any actually live and note that in that image you used screenshots from Openreach with no address showing rather than screenshots from BT Wholesale checker with partial address.

I also note exactly zero roadworks for fibre splicing, duct unblocking, pole access, etc, planned in Madeley.

A quick look at a few addresses on cabinet 7 on both Wholesale checker and Openreach indicate no availability and no plans to make it available.

Ditto 9.

Can you explain this? Seems strange?

Building better networks, not just faster ones.
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Tue 06-Oct-20 12:46:45
Print Post

[re: CarlTSpeak] [link to this post]

TF7 5HS, TF7 5LG this area will have full fibre soon as Openreach say so. First around cabinet 7 then cabinet 9 area for their first stages. Roadworks isn't there yet because the full fibre haven't start yet. I can't give out too many post codes for Cabinet 7 area for full fibre soon and cabinet 9 post codes. Plus Openreach emailed me two weeks ago that my area expected a full fibre plan soon around 2021 stages 3

PN FTTC 80/20 since 2014

Edited by adslmax (Tue 06-Oct-20 12:57:00)

Standard User j0hn83
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 06-Oct-20 13:11:00
Print Post

I hate to tell you this but both those postcodes are the same street on the OpenReach checker, Hollybush Road.

It looks like retro new build work and not a rollout.

Odd that codelook seems to think TF7 5HS is a different street.

Edit: codelook has TF7 5HS down as Fairview Court.

TF7 5HS is down to get FTTP. Fairview Court isn't down to get FTTP.

2nd edit: many of codelooks street names for P7 are incorrect, naming half the cabinet postcodes Fairview Court, which is just a very small cul-de-sac.

Edited by j0hn83 (Tue 06-Oct-20 13:23:58)

Standard User wolvesmad
(knowledge is power) Tue 06-Oct-20 14:03:04
Print Post

[re: CarlTSpeak] [link to this post]

I frequent Madeley a lot, not seen any Openreach works at all apart from on Halesfield, the big industrial estate served by Cuckoo Oak.

All the FTTP rollout work at the moment has been going on in Lawley and Dawley. Infill work around the new build developments.

It looks like Cuckoo, Hollinswood and Stirchley are going to have to wait for a bit.

-

EE Fibre+ 79690 | 19999kbps

Zyxel VMG1312-B10A + Asus RT-AC68U
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to