General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Tue 06-Oct-20 15:40:54
Print Post

Re: Full FTTP go live

[re: wolvesmad] [link to this post]

Here email from openreach to me

Good morning

Firstly I would like to apologise for not having contacted you yesterday as promised, I was still waiting for further information to enable me to respond to your questions.

I have spoken to the local project manager who covers the Fibre to the Premise rollout and he has confirmed that there are currently plans to deploy fibre to your address at stages 3 around 2021.

I hope that I have answered your questions? I will now close your enquiry, but if there is anything else I can help you with, then please email me. My normal working hours are 7.30am to 5pm Monday to Thursday.

Kind Regards

A****** R**********

Executive Level Team

Openreach

PN FTTC 80/20 since 2014
Standard User wolvesmad
(knowledge is power) Tue 06-Oct-20 16:08:41
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

Looks like they're making movements then. Keep an eye on roadworks.org. It came up for Lawley when they were infilling there.

I'd love to know why half of my street is FTTP and the upper part FTTC.

-

EE Fibre+ 79690 | 19999kbps

Zyxel VMG1312-B10A + Asus RT-AC68U
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Tue 06-Oct-20 16:27:04
Print Post

[re: wolvesmad] [link to this post]

I have no idea. As far as I know two area got FTTP in other side of mine. And one FTTP in Madeley. I know there are some FTTP in Dawley and Lawley and few in Wellington too.

I don't understand why ISPreview full list of full fibre by Openreach didn't say Telford on that list for future plan? Very odd.

PN FTTC 80/20 since 2014

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User wolvesmad
(knowledge is power) Tue 06-Oct-20 16:34:15
Print Post

Any new development seems to get BT FTTP or Virgin FTTH or both - which has been the case in Lawley and has been since 2014 I believe - some streets they left out and one in particular had really poor FTTC - which has recently been infilled.

There a few new developments in TF2 on FTTP from Hollinswood. Not aware of any infilling in that area though, it's just new builds only.

The others like Stirchley, Cuckoo Oak, Donnington there has been no news on.

-

EE Fibre+ 79690 | 19999kbps

Zyxel VMG1312-B10A + Asus RT-AC68U
Standard User j0hn83
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 06-Oct-20 17:38:27
Print Post

Forgive me for not believing a word you say.
You've made up countless OpenReach emails in the past.

As it stands only a single street on PCP7 or PCP9 is down to get FTTP from OpenReach according to their online checker.

It's a new build with copper currently, so that's retro new build work and not a rollout.

Codelook records for the area are somewhat useless.

Edited by j0hn83 (Tue 06-Oct-20 17:39:16)

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Tue 06-Oct-20 17:53:19
Print Post

Re: Full FTTP go live *DELETED*

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

some codelook are wrong post code in some area

Edited by adslmax (Tue 06-Oct-20 18:03:15)

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Tue 06-Oct-20 18:00:18
Print Post

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

I just check my post code https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband and it say below:

Full Fibre (Fibre to the Premises - FTTP)

Technology that supports speeds up to 1Gbps

We don’t have plans to upgrade your area yet. Tell us you’re interested and we’ll update you when things change.

Gfast

Technology that supports speeds up to 330Mbps

Gfast supercharges the existing network to give speeds that are many times the national average. Your speed will depend on things like how close you are to the cabinet. Your broadband provider will tell you what speed you can expect to receive when you place an order.

Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC)

Technology that supports speeds up to 80Mbps

Millions of UK homes and businesses can already get great broadband speeds. Your speed will depend on things like how close you are to the cabinet. Your broadband provider will tell you what speed you can expect to receive when you place an order.

Look like Openreach email to me is talking about 2021 planning, not at the moment

PN FTTC 80/20 since 2014
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to