General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User StuB
(committed) Fri 17-Jul-20 17:17:55
Print Post

Re: BT FTTP premises

[re: danielhyde] [link to this post]

I've just called Plus Net to check and customer services said that while they have a note of the phone moving we would have to tell them that the broadband is moving too, so I did so.

Hopefully that covers all bases.
Standard User spile
(newbie) Sat 18-Jul-20 07:23:05
Print Post

[re: StuB] [link to this post]

I did exactly the same when I realised Plusnet has not terminated my contract for broadband. It took 15 min to get through on the phone but the account department confirmed that the cancellation would be back dated and that I would not be charged.

From https://www.plus.net/help/legal/cancellation-policy/

If you are moving the service to another provider you don't need to contact us and MAC (Migration Authorisation Code) keys are no longer required to move between providers.

Please note that upon receipt of notification from a new provider that you wish to transfer your service, we will contact you to let you know the consequences of moving your service, including any applicable early termination charges.

To ensure no loss of service, your account will only be closed when we receive confirmation from our network supplier that the service has moved to the new provider.

When we receive confirmation that the transfer to the new provider has completed, our systems will automatically close your account.

If you don't receive confirmation of your account's closure once the transfer to the new provider has completed, you're advised to call our Customer Options team to inform us that your transfer has completed.

Edited by spile (Sat 18-Jul-20 07:24:23)

Standard User j0hn83
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 18-Jul-20 12:32:43
Print Post

[re: StuB] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by StuB:
I've just called Plus Net to check and customer services said that while they have a note of the phone moving we would have to tell them that the broadband is moving too, so I did so.

Hopefully that covers all bases.

You shouldn't have told them anything.

Let's hope they haven't ordered a cease on your broadband as that can clash with other orders in the system.

You only need to tell the gaining provider, who contact your old provider on your behalf.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User StuB
(committed) Sat 18-Jul-20 21:54:11
Print Post

[re: spile] [link to this post]

Thanks for the reply.and info.

Did you contact them before or after your service had transferred?
Standard User StuB
(committed) Sat 18-Jul-20 22:00:13
Print Post

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

Well that doesn't fill me with confidence.

Other than calling them and asking is there anyway t check?
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to