General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G, 5G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ChrisReardon
(newbie) Thu 22-Aug-19 21:46:26
Print Post

Re: HomeFi 3 Connection Issues

[re: nicemac2] [link to this post]

Ive cured the problem by buying a 4G router from Amazon. TP Link. Not one drop out or speed problem now in 2 weeks.
Standard User richi
(member) Fri 23-Aug-19 11:29:00
Print Post

[re: ChrisReardon] [link to this post]

Agreed. I got a TP-Link TL-MR6400 for £70 on Amazon (B016ZWXYXG).

Seems reliable. I use it with a 24-month SIMO contract.

Much as I'd prefer a gigabit port and AC, I see this as a 12-month stopgap until 5G-and-band-43 hardware becomes available at a reasonable price.

Three unlimited SIMO, replacing 3 km ADSL line.
Previously: BT ISDN, Nildram, Plusnet, 186k, EFH, Be*, Plusnet (again), Pulse8, Sky, Plusnet Business, TalkTalk Retail.
Standard User nicemac2
(newbie) Sat 24-Aug-19 00:20:39
Print Post

[re: richi] [link to this post]

Update: Three still claiming an update is due 28th August that will fix the issue. I'm sceptical but have ordered the TP link 4G router that other members have kindly recommended. Thank you.

Also noticed in other news that Three have announced that they are now supplying new users of HomeFi with the Huawei B525.... hmmmm I wonder why???? B311 and Three absolutely shocking now for 5 weeks....

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 24-Aug-19 01:36:32
Print Post

[re: nicemac2] [link to this post]

My B311 seems to be working fine.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.
Standard User mwl
(newbie) Thu 29-Aug-19 19:26:21
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I have just signed up for a HomeFi deal where checking the coverage said i was in a great area and supervoice is available..

I set it up and the first test on the first day gave me around 12mb download.. this annoyed me but it was late at night so i left it.

the next day it was terrible around 1-2mb download and the three website said my area has issues.

today is day 3 and running multiple tests its as max of 12mb and as low as 4.

To me this is terrible as i was sold it as it could achieve up to 150mbs. They sent me the 311 and i see no update...

-----

Currently i am in 2 minds (ordered online) so i can either cancel the contract within the 14 days and look at my other options or speak to them to try the B525 i think it was (that was mentioned)..

What are your views and thoughts? also is location in the house important? currently its just below a window and i have no idea where the mast is to try and point it towards that in attempts to boost speed.

also i cant seem to find in the router settings anything that shows speed.. i am having to use the google speed test..
Standard User kommando
(newbie) Thu 29-Aug-19 20:49:34
Print Post

[re: mwl] [link to this post]

You need to know where the last is and position router accordingly, I cannot get 4g connection with router inside inside, B525 with external directional antenna pointing at mast gets 4g and 50mbps download.
Standard User woodmass14
(committed) Thu 29-Aug-19 21:47:39
Print Post

Who told you you'd get 150mbps?
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Thu 29-Aug-19 22:52:29
Print Post

supervoice just means they have the low band enabled typically, which is actually the slowest for data. Lower band penetrates walls e.g. concrete better so is great for voice calls smile

Where I am in London I can only get onto band 20 (low band) and my speeds are like 1Mbps on 3. Each area is different, you are just in a spot where you are likely stuck on the low band and/or usage is high.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 30-Aug-19 02:10:38
Print Post

If you have an Android 4G phone and put the or a Three SIM in it, the App LTE Discovery will point at the mast it connects to, and lots of info about the signal. It's possible of course at different parts of the house it would choose a different mast if things are as bad as you say.

I expect Apple have a similar app.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.
Standard User andynormancx
(member) Fri 30-Aug-19 06:52:04
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

There are no third party apps on iPhone that can do that (apps just don't have access to any details on the mobile connection on iOS).

However there is the builtin field test mode, accessed by dialing *3001#12345#*
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to