General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G, 5G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 28-Aug-19 09:56:22
Print Post

EE unlimited data

[link to this post]

SIM only starting £34/m have asked about the 4G EE Home service as not showing on that.

Obviously will be a news item later, but lots to get done first.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User kams19
(newbie) Wed 28-Aug-19 10:14:16
Print Post

Re: EE unlimited data

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Link
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 28-Aug-19 11:03:24
Print Post

[re: kams19] [link to this post]

And our link https://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/8514-ee-now-has-... now that other things that needed to be done are done.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User DanielCoffey67
(regular) Wed 28-Aug-19 12:59:14
Print Post

I am hugely grateful for this offer being pointed out.

I had JUST signed up for a 200Gb for £40 on a one month contract. I am still in my "cooling off" period and a quick phone call to the local EE store confirmed that I am welcome to change the SIM for the Unlimited for £34 for 12 months one.
Standard User kommando
(newbie) Wed 28-Aug-19 18:29:25
Print Post

[re: DanielCoffey67] [link to this post]

Some not so nice T&C's

Max DL speed 60 M

Max connected devices 12

Max DL 1000 gig a month
(regular) Wed 28-Aug-19 19:07:24
Print Post

[re: kommando] [link to this post]

Not quite...

Nowhere do they say the Max DL speed is 60M. I agree they do say "speeds of up to 60Mbps" which is probably to show the typical speeds their customers are likely to receive.

When you click from the link on the main page it states..

"With our new unlimited plans, you can enjoy all the 4G or 5G data you want with uncapped speeds."

The Max Connected Devices limit is because it is a Domestic plan rather than a Business one. That is to limit internet cafes and game hubs from using it as a commercial SIM.

As for the 1000Gb a month - that is roughly what you might use if a single person downloaded a standard Netflix video all day and night, every day for a whole month without pausing to sleep or eat. Again, they are trying to define typical Domestic use. Even SMARTY have the same stipulation on the Three contract they offer.

Business customers are requested to come and talk about a tailored deal.

So, for those of us struggling on a long rural landline, this is a very nice deal with no "not so nice" T&Cs.
Standard User kommando
(newbie) Thu 29-Aug-19 10:50:41
Print Post

[re: DanielCoffey67] [link to this post]

Having been on the wrong end of BT's written and unwritten conditions this should be the last resort but if you are having to rely on a long ADSL line and EE are the only 4G then go ahead. They are no doubt trying to protect their landlines. Vodafone seem to have a soft limit thats lifted when you ask of 3TB a month, Three just do not seem to bother based on what I DL, so I would take these in preference if available. I would fail on the 12 connected devices, have too many tablets, TV's, z wave devices bridged routers etc to worth the risk.
(regular) Thu 29-Aug-19 12:38:48
Print Post

[re: kommando] [link to this post]

Having tried a load of SIMs, both Three and Vodaphone had no usable signal where I am. O2 was passable but they had no high-usage data SIM. EE had moderate signal and my usage will max out at about 200Gb a month so it did seem a good fit.

I may be mistaken but I think if you look at the Tethering limit of 12, that is probably the number of devices directly sharing the link at the modem but that devices coming off a router will only be counted as the router itself despite being wired or wireless.
Standard User autopilot
(newbie) Thu 29-Aug-19 17:50:59
Print Post

About this 12 connections limit - does this mean if I put the SIM in my b525, only 12 connected devices will work? What happens if more are connected? How does this work?

What if I connected an access point to the b525 with Ethernet, and connected everything to that, would EE see it as one device?

Would like to switch from Three, as the speeds on EE are double. But our family have more than 12 devices. More like 30!
Standard User andynormancx
(member) Thu 29-Aug-19 18:25:43
Print Post

[re: autopilot] [link to this post]

EE have no way of knowing how many devices there are behind your router.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to