User comments on ISPs
  >> Vodafone

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User tomxlisa
(committed) Fri 27-Nov-20 04:25:15
Print Post

CF/VF Live

[link to this post]

How long does it normally take from cityfibre digging up the path outside you’re home to the service going live, works finished outside my house about a month ago but keep checking the vodafone website and nothing at the minute, is this checker reliable?. Thanks.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 27-Nov-20 10:16:43
Print Post

Re: CF/VF Live

[re: tomxlisa] [link to this post]

Have head of six months in some cases, i.e. depends on the order work is done, i.e. digging the streets may be the first part in a long chain of work.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User flilot
(member) Fri 27-Nov-20 13:25:29
Print Post

It was around 5 or 6 months in our area, IIRC.
We had a Vodafone Gigafast leaflet through the door advising us it was available to order once the network was live.

Carl

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User tomxlisa
(committed) Sat 28-Nov-20 02:05:20
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I’ve heard it can also be a month from works finishing too from things I’ve read on the internet after asking the question here, so hopefully it’s not that long.
Standard User JennyCide
(newbie) Sat 28-Nov-20 13:01:24
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I spoke to someone in CF recently and was told that these days it usually takes 6-8 weeks from city fibre finishing the cable work to being able to sign up with whichever ISP they supply to in your area although it used to take a lot longer.
Register on CityFibre Residential website and the automated system there should send you updates as it moves through the process.
Standard User tomxlisa
(committed) Sun 29-Nov-20 06:48:48
Print Post

[re: JennyCide] [link to this post]

That’s not bad 6-8 weeks to be fair, and I will register on that site but I’m regularly checking on the vodafone website anyways and the talktalk one as I am guessing they will be the isps supplying the service at the moment until other ones sign up to use cityfibre cables, unless I’m wrong with that, from what I have read it’s just them two or is there more, or does it come down to the area you are in?.

Edited by tomxlisa (Sun 29-Nov-20 06:50:55)

Standard User Bryer
(experienced) Mon 30-Nov-20 01:50:52
Print Post

Don't rush for Vodafone on CityFibre, I'd personally say wait for Zen on CityFibre to go live in your area!
Standard User JennyCide
(newbie) Mon 30-Nov-20 11:31:03
Print Post

The ISPs available on cityfibre depend on your area. Basically they sign a deal with one company for a period of exclusivity and then open it up once that period is over so when they go into a new area there's usually only a single choice of ISP for about a year (could be Sky, vodafone, Talk Talk, Zen etc) and then the rest can sell it once the exclusivity deal expires. The deals are definitely done on a deal by deal basis so will be different depending on where you are which is why I suggested signing up on the cityfibre page - it 'should' give you updates regardless of the ISP.
Standard User Seansmit17
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 06-Dec-20 15:34:35
Print Post

My whole area is done and all the streets around me are ready to order... but my street, the next one over and then down one side of the main road can not order so.. its anyone guess

Virgin Media
Connection Speed: DL: 575Mbps UL: 38.5Mbps
Speed test: 550Mbps DL
Standard User Rolandrat
(committed) Sun 06-Dec-20 16:03:04
Print Post

Dont bank on any emails or leaflets/door to door as I had nothing. It was just relentless checking of their website that I found out.
I had registered etc - I got a phone call about 4 weeks after I had it installed!
Watch out for fairly anonymous white vans with cables out the back, usually where they put their man hole covers as this is them connecting things up.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to