User comments on ISPs
  >> Vodafone

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User tomxlisa
(committed) Sun 20-Dec-20 02:31:59
Print Post

Re: CF/VF Live

[re: Seansmit17] [link to this post]

It seems the company laying the cables for cityfibre where I am has gone into administration now so the network build for them has stalled, there was a news article in the paper with cityfibre saying they are gonna look for an alternative company to complete the build after new year, my area has been done so not sure if it will delay my area being activated, it’s been about 2 months now and the websites still say I can’t get it.

Edited by tomxlisa (Sun 20-Dec-20 02:33:21)

Standard User Seansmit17
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 20-Dec-20 16:48:53
Print Post

[re: tomxlisa] [link to this post]

Some time in the last week my street can now order. Yay. But I cant go with VF so i am going to have to wait until CF allow other providers in.

Hopefully you wont have to wait to long.

Have they blown the fibre in yet?

Virgin Media
Connection Speed: DL: 575Mbps UL: 38.5Mbps
Speed test: 550Mbps DL
Standard User tomxlisa
(committed) Mon 11-Jan-21 17:46:12
Print Post

It seems cityfibre still isn’t available in my area even though the cables got put down months ago, just a question does the whole of the town need to be completed before they activate or do they activate area by area as I’ve heard the contractors have gone into administration so cityfibre are looking for another company to complete the network in the town, just wondering if this would delay things or not, if they activate area by area as they lay cables hopefully it shouldn’t.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 13-Jan-21 13:27:07
Print Post

Tends to appear in blocks, which makes sense given how GPON FTTP is built

If in a City where no one can order, then sometimes they wait until a decent size is available to do a big launch.

Lockdown rules may play a part too, i.e. keeping contact between installers and customers to an absolute minimum

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Seansmit17
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 16-Jan-21 16:37:25
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I noticed here in Peterborough the install dates for CF are quite late.

Early March is currently the soonest they can install. 6-7 weeks wait. Not that I have ordered mind just looking.

Virgin Media
Connection Speed: DL: 575Mbps UL: 38.5Mbps
Speed test: 550Mbps DL
Standard User tomxlisa
(committed) Sat 16-Jan-21 18:44:38
Print Post

[re: Seansmit17] [link to this post]

It’s still saying we can’t get it even though cables were put down months ago so still waiting for that to happen, I’m guessing the best places to look to see if it’s activated yet are the voda and talktalk websites which are normally the 2 that use cityfibre to start with.

Edited by tomxlisa (Sat 16-Jan-21 18:45:31)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 19-Jan-21 10:33:53
Print Post

TalkTalk and Vodafone sell in separate areas at this time, and some CityFibre areas are purely Braw Band or Zen Internet as sellers at present.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User tomxlisa
(committed) Wed 20-Jan-21 04:27:31
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I’m totally in the dark with when they are gonna go live I have come to the fact that’s it’s just gonna be a matter of waiting and seeing if anything comes through the door, I think it’s pretty poor communication though, just to rock up 6 months ago lay cables cause a disturbance for myself as they totally blocked the back entrance off to my premises, and to leave and hear nothing about a go live date even this long on I think is poor from them.
Standard User Rolandrat
(experienced) Wed 20-Jan-21 12:22:04
Print Post

Have they put up little cabinets for your streets, if so, see if they have a code number stenciled on the front, this usually means they have been connected up, ours went live literally few weeks after this was done.
Standard User tomxlisa
(committed) Wed 20-Jan-21 18:40:46
Print Post

[re: Rolandrat] [link to this post]

I can’t see any cabinets unless I’m not noticing them, how long was it after cables were laid did yours go live, we had cables installed literally September time I think it was, maybe earlier, it’s crazy as virgin media are laying cables right now around the town and literally a month later that went live, but cityfibre seems to be taking a age and when I ask them they don’t seem to have a clue when it’s going live either, just would of thought I would of got some communication from them but absolutely nothing.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to