User comments on ISPs
  >> Vodafone

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Rolandrat
(experienced) Wed 20-Jan-21 18:53:32
Print Post

Re: CF/VF Live

[re: tomxlisa] [link to this post]

If memory serves me right, they started roughly about Feb 2020 at the entrance to our estate, then lockdown happened and things did stop for quite a few weeks but not the whole of lockdown, they started again and finished things off and connected things up, it wasnt until Aug 1st that I could order.
I had been keeping an eye on streets order availability using postcodes and think we missed a release of streets because we were the other side of a main road, that itself meant a 3 month wait until we were released for order along with a further chunk of streets, some of which must have only waited a few weeks as far as I could tell.
Standard User tomxlisa
(committed) Thu 21-Jan-21 02:51:27
Print Post

[re: Rolandrat] [link to this post]

Thanks for the reply, so it seems you waited about 6 months before you could order then, I’m not sure if it’s a case that cityfibre need to complete the whole network here before they can activate roads already done or can they activate as soon as cables have been laid even though the whole town network isn’t completed yet, I’m guessing it’s the former of the two cause otherwise it would just take ages as some builds can take over a year to complete, I just wish it would be as swift as virgin media have been, there also building a network in my town right now and my sister has cables laid by them and literally a month later could order services, I’ll try and get a bunch of postcodes together from around the town and see if there is anywhere that is live yet with cityfibre, maybe that will give me hope they haven’t forgotten about us, what services are live then when they do eventually allow to order, as I see Zen are part of the isps now and would be looking at ordering that when cityfibre do go live here, or is it certain isps in certain areas, I’m not really interested in talktalk or voda really as have heard a few bad things about there services, I just think wouldn’t be awesome if you can ring and they say yep Mr so and so we’re be active on you’re road on this date instead of all this blind in the dark business.
Standard User tomxlisa
(committed) Tue 16-Mar-21 14:43:37
Print Post

Just updating that CF still isn’t available in my area, personally think this is a ridiculous time frame to have to wait for a new technology. 🤦‍♂️

Edited by tomxlisa (Tue 16-Mar-21 14:46:39)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User SL1210
(newbie) Thu 18-Mar-21 19:37:03
Print Post

My area of Northampton (St James NN5) became available to order today, work in the local area started Sep 2020, there was some further activity last month (looked like they were testing). So 6 to 7 months for me which seems normal reading these threads. Vodafone showing install lead times of 2 to 3 weeks.
Standard User Rolandrat
(experienced) Thu 18-Mar-21 20:33:42
Print Post

[re: SL1210] [link to this post]

Interested what you think about the new Vodafone Pro packages - all I see is that they are damn expensive and provide stuff I wouldnt need, be interesting if they can offer the original packages without all this fluff.
Standard User SL1210
(newbie) Thu 18-Mar-21 20:57:17
Print Post

Rolandrat: I'm most upset about this, a month ago you could get the 900/900 service for £48pm I think, but I couldn't order until today, so now I'm going to be paying £60pm and I won't be using their 'super' wifi hub anyway.

The 4G backup dongle sounds ok, if it's ethernet based maybe it would work in the second wan port of a USG... I presume not though.
Standard User Rolandrat
(experienced) Thu 18-Mar-21 21:01:49
Print Post

Totally agree with you, hopefully when mine is due for renewal i can keep similar price to now (less hopefully) or more ISP's will come on board for a bit of competition.
I'd ring and moan or haggle if I were you, but then I never did, mine came up right in the middle of about a month when they stuck at £55. Its was £38 or less I think at times.

Edited by Rolandrat (Thu 18-Mar-21 21:04:00)

Standard User SL1210
(newbie) Thu 18-Mar-21 21:22:19
Print Post

I tried for discount but no joy...

In two years there will be more choice for sure, OR fttp isn't available for me at the moment but should be by then, perhaps even Virgin's Gig1 might be an option by then.
Standard User Rolandrat
(experienced) Thu 18-Mar-21 21:27:09
Print Post

Yes OR are working their way around town in CF's footsteps, they got in first here in Wootton, then CF came along few months later. I took both £105 a month on Internet! I waited 10 years for > 4Mb adsl so I dont mind, I need a backup as I WFH full time (even before covid) but I'll knock OR connection back to cheapest possible when that renews.
Standard User tomxlisa
(committed) Tue 23-Mar-21 04:02:31
Print Post

I have read today on a local newspapers website that works to complete the town I’m in are gonna start back up soon as new contractors have been appointed, cables have been down outside my place since summer 2020, I’ve even got the little cityfibre square thing outside near my front gate, my question is will I have to wait until works are complete in the town which are estimated to be June 2022, as I’ve checked all the checkers and none of them say I can order it still, it did say on the newspaper article that air broadband was launching in my area on the cityfibre services in the coming weeks so surely I’ll be able to order it, I mean what’s the point of launching now but can’t order until works are complete in 2022, this just seems to be taking ages from them laying the cables, you would think you’d be able to order a month after the cables being laid outside the home. 🤦‍♂️
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to