User comments on ISPs
  >> Vodafone

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Rolandrat
(experienced) Wed 20-Jan-21 18:53:32
Print Post

Re: CF/VF Live

[re: tomxlisa] [link to this post]

If memory serves me right, they started roughly about Feb 2020 at the entrance to our estate, then lockdown happened and things did stop for quite a few weeks but not the whole of lockdown, they started again and finished things off and connected things up, it wasnt until Aug 1st that I could order.
I had been keeping an eye on streets order availability using postcodes and think we missed a release of streets because we were the other side of a main road, that itself meant a 3 month wait until we were released for order along with a further chunk of streets, some of which must have only waited a few weeks as far as I could tell.
Standard User tomxlisa
(committed) Thu 21-Jan-21 02:51:27
Print Post

Re: CF/VF Live

[re: Rolandrat] [link to this post]

Thanks for the reply, so it seems you waited about 6 months before you could order then, I’m not sure if it’s a case that cityfibre need to complete the whole network here before they can activate roads already done or can they activate as soon as cables have been laid even though the whole town network isn’t completed yet, I’m guessing it’s the former of the two cause otherwise it would just take ages as some builds can take over a year to complete, I just wish it would be as swift as virgin media have been, there also building a network in my town right now and my sister has cables laid by them and literally a month later could order services, I’ll try and get a bunch of postcodes together from around the town and see if there is anywhere that is live yet with cityfibre, maybe that will give me hope they haven’t forgotten about us, what services are live then when they do eventually allow to order, as I see Zen are part of the isps now and would be looking at ordering that when cityfibre do go live here, or is it certain isps in certain areas, I’m not really interested in talktalk or voda really as have heard a few bad things about there services, I just think wouldn’t be awesome if you can ring and they say yep Mr so and so we’re be active on you’re road on this date instead of all this blind in the dark business.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to